I Forge Iron

Setting up your shop on the cheap (real time)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm back on my feet and walking around almost comfortably again. I'll probably be back at it again by Monday. Untill then I'll be stretching and strengthening my back. I'll try and post pictures of the shop and tools so far as well as the power hammer build that took me out out commision. Jokes on the hammer though since things will be so much easier on me physically now. It just had to sucker punch me one last time before I had it too easy lol. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. 

28 minutes ago, Crazy Ivan said:

I'm back on my feet and walking around almost comfortably again. I'll probably be back at it again by Monday. Untill then I'll be stretching and strengthening my back. I'll try and post pictures of the shop and tools so far as well as the power hammer build that took me out out commision. Jokes on the hammer though since things will be so much easier on me physically now. It just had to sucker punch me one last time before I had it too easy lol. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. 

Guess that means I need to finish it today. I'm probably going to start a new thread with all the pics I took, I just want everything 100% first. Lol. So far so good. I'm running for coal now, even though we still have 200lbs, barely looks like we burnt any this week... Weird how that works. Lol

J

4 minutes ago, j.w.s. said:

Guess that means I need to finish it today. I'm probably going to start a new thread with all the pics I took, I just want everything 100% first. Lol. So far so good. I'm running for coal now, even though we still have 200lbs, barely looks like we burnt any this week... Weird how that works. Lol

J

Funny how working on 3-6 lb chunks of steel all day burns more coal than say a 6"X3/16" piece of steel for 30 minutes does ain't it? Lol you may use less coal than me but I use less abrasives and drill bits so it evens out :D:D. Don't worry. I'll be back soon enough to restore the coal to abrasives balance. 

So today I been going in to work since Monday taking it easy. Me "working" this past week mostly consisted of quality testing if the couch in the shop lol. I'd do light work for about a half hour, then lay down with a pillow under my lower back for an hour. I just couldn't stay out of the shop any longer. Either way, I got some things done with minimal exersion and today I finally was able to put in a full day without getting sore. I'll be back in full swing (so to speak) by Monday. We got the new power hammer running perfectly today so I was busy all day making dies and tooling for it. We shot some video of the hammer in use as well which JWS is going to edit over the next day or two. Either I or he will post it when it's done. That's my update for now. Be back soon with the video and hopefully some pics of dies and tooling made. It's good to be back! 

Awesome. Do what you can without destroying yourself and push when you can. Excited to see the video of that power hammer. Best of luck to your back healing up. And Excited to see what you do next. 

• 1 month later...