I Forge Iron

This is a tough one

LawnJockey

My Father in Law is in hospice and is going to pass in the next day or so.  He is a very complicated man. Whether he just fades to nothingness or meets his maker I don't know. Whatever the present and future holds for him I hope he doesn't suffer.  He is what he is and all we can do is think of him with forgiveness. He could use a prayer or two.

Edited by Glenn

For him I pray for a peacfull passing, or at least peace in death. 

For your wife and fammily I pray for peice with his passing. 

For you, I pray for the strength and compassion to be their for your wife.

we all have "interesting" or "difficult" peaple in our families, and all to often we feel guilt at their passing, be their for your wife, thats all that is truely importaint. 

I know Hospice do their very best in the final days and hours making things a comfortable as possible.  I hear about these situations every night about Midnight when my wife gets in from her work in Long Term care/Hospice.  We will say a prayer for him and the rest of you in the family.  It is often more difficult on the those left behind than those who are taking their "Last Flight" as the WWII Combat Glider Pilots refer to it. 

Thank you all.  He passed peacefully early this morning.  I spent the day working things out with lawyers and accountants and a lot of things were said.  One thing everyone argreed on was that being around him was never boring.  I had to go over to his place and pick up a couple of things for my wife late this afternoon.  On his desk there was a picture of him on top of some mountain, ice axe in hand, probably Nepal.  The photo was about 30 years old and he had the biggest smile I ever saw on his face.  I immediately thought that is the photo to use at the memorial.  I had every thing my wife requested and with the photo in mind I called her and asked if there was anything else she wanted me to pick up.  Her response was "Yes, there is this photo on his desk..."  It was one of those synchronistic events that happen now and then and somehow seemed perfectly fitting for the day.

Thanks again.

We only get to know what a person wants us to know.  We can't look into their past to see what makes them the way they are or appear to  be but we all have a past. 

As Glenn said" Think of him often and remember the Good Times"

Best wishes to your Wife and the rest of the family.