I Forge Iron

camping hawk or hatchet

Frosty  i have the same problem.  How do I fix it? 

​Pics you upload show up with screwy file formats? I don't recognize the image format or file name at all and a site search doesn't turn up anything.

How are you uploading them? I haven't had any luck dragging and dropping them. I cut and paste them and they show up. However I'm running Windows 8.1 on a PC with Firefox as the web browser.

Has anyone having this problem clicked the report button and told Admin? They're spending an obscene amount of time killing bugs and just might not realize this is one. I'm going to report it right now but please feel free, the ore the merrier. Just be nice, they're doing the best they can. <wink>

Frosty The Lucky.

I haven't tried to upload any.  I am just trying to veiw them on my Android.  Referring to  Homeshow's post. 

I have messaged Glenn about it.  He has responded and is aware of it. 

I know there are a few people working really hard on it and i really do appreciate it.  It seems to be a  thankless job but let me just say THANK YOU ALL.  

Back to my other point;  i just want to be able to see the pics.  If anyone knows of a fix or end-around to use on an Android i would sure appreciate it. 

Click the link, Save the file to your computer, right click the file > Open With , and choose Internet Explorer.

I'm an IT geek / Software analyst in real life, if anyone has computer questions feel free to ask and I can help out, its the least I could do to share my experience with computers to all those that share their experience with me on blacksmithing and bladesmithing.

Kubuntu is a debian based Ubuntu clone. 

If you are interested in Linux, I would suggest taking a Fedora live CD for a spin, you can download it in MANY different desktop environments ( Gnome, KDE etc. ) 

If you want something wild, try the Enlightenment E-17 desktop manager, it is completely customizable. Virtual desktops, full mode transparency, its awesome.

My recent try, is a Ubuntu distro called Kali Linux, its a " Penetration testing " ( Aka for Hackers ) distro for security minded geeks. 

I was on Fedora for a decade or so; switched distros when I switched computers to not become too hidebound. I've been on UNIX systems since 1989 when I joined Bell Labs. (Though my Father had a role in UNIX's life too; he was head of the committee that was tasked on deciding if AT&T should support UNIX way back when...) (Yes and then he dug up funding for it...).  I much prefer a CLI where  I can get ahold of the logs to tell what's going wrong...

Ahhhh Thomas..... 

A geek similar to my own true self.....  That is one one my reasons for preferring Linux as well, app not running well, tail the log file while trying again and seeing it crash, although it sounds like you are significantly more experienced then I am, I missed the heyday unix days at the admin level due to age. Now my only chance to take a bash at unix systems are the Siemens/Epic systems the Hospitals I support use.

I grew up around the machines as well, both my uncles are systems admins, one for a genetics lab, and one is now a contractor but was a robotics and systems engineer for a Semiconductor company. They are both nix purists, neither of them own a Windows machine at all, and both are Redhat conscripts. I for the most part am, all my personal servers run CentOS, However my laptop runs Kali for " Testing " uses. 

If you run a laptop, give Kali linux a try, its quite nice, I have never been a fan of buntu/debian based distros having cut my teeth on Fedora and Redhat, but a lot of the " user friendly " fluff of buntu has been removed and a LOT of awesome tools put in their place. 

I had an attempted hack a few weeks ago,  within 10 minutes, my phone rings they say they are from Microsoft and they have received a report of my computer problem and offered to "help"  but first I need to give them my password...  I lol a bit and said funny to think MS even cares about my linux system and hung up... the joys of having Ubuntu in a MS world of hackers....  but to the OP problem, please try to post pictures in universal formats, not proprietary ones and we have less troubles.

We are very sorry if your phone is not functioning as well as a PC.  we do try but we do not always succeed,  tho we offer a full membership refund.

Steve - I've had two of those calls. Both times I had great fun wasting a half hour of letting them attempt to walk me through hacking a Windows PC, when I run Linux. Both times I got switched to an "expert" who proved to be just as dumb as the first guys. I just laughed my rear off at the stream of curses when I finally get tired and tell them it's a linux box and that they should get a real job.

Die Hard Unix/Linux user here.  I started with AT&T System V Unix in the 90s and refused to put microsoft anywhere on my resume since.

BTW - the images look fine to me.. using ubuntu and chrome here.

Oh I LOVE playing cons, cold call telemarketers, etc. for all they're worth. Wasting THEIR time for nothing is a good thing, everybody should do it. I'm kind of bummed you can't bomb the online cons like you could in the early day. Used to be able to attach files they couldn't be stopped from downloading so long as they're logged on to their server. Make a spammer download "War and Peace" or "A Tale of Two Cities" on a 96k dial up? I didn't have to download or upload anything just attach the link as an open file, let the Library of Congress send it to them, they had multiple T1 links. Oh the joy. <snicker>

Frosty The Lucky.

Kubuntu is a debian based Ubuntu clone. 

If you are interested in Linux, I would suggest taking a Fedora live CD for a spin, you can download it in MANY different desktop environments ( Gnome, KDE etc. ) 

If you want something wild, try the Enlightenment E-17 desktop manager, it is completely customizable. Virtual desktops, full mode transparency, its awesome.

My recent try, is a Ubuntu distro called Kali Linux, its a " Penetration testing " ( Aka for Hackers ) distro for security minded geeks. 

​Hmmmm, I clicked on 'translate ' for this and nothing happened? :D