I Forge Iron

Valentine's Day gift

Joel OF

It dawned on me late yesterday afternoon that I hadn't got anything for my girlfriend for Valentine's Day so I quickly knocked this up. I made it in a hurry and made up the design as I went along which are the two things I hate doing so there's room for design improvement but all in all I think it was a success, it does it's job anyway.

This sorta cutesy thing really isn't my cuppa tea and free hand scrolling is one of my weaker points so I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out in that respect. (It's purposefully unsymmetrical). Not knowing the dimensions of her hair dryer or straightening tongs didn't help much either...scurrying around the workshop looking for some pipe to use as a jig was a bit stressful! The coils are stick welded onto the heart, I would have forge welded them if I had the time/pre planned it all.

post-26685-0-78056700-1423914149_thumb.jpost-26685-0-24964700-1423914211_thumb.j

I find that I like perfect and semetrical, wile my lady seams to like it a bit "off" kind of like a minderguarden art project.
Solves two problems, saves your butt on valantines day and pics up some of her clutter, nothing like having a flatrr and hairdrier in the sink, and makeup and hair producks all over the counter. And then they have the nerve to call us on the rug for leaving the toilet seat up! Lol.

I normally favour symmetrical but I just quickly squiggled a heart shape on the bench and it came out a bit wonky but I thought it looked kinda fun so I made this to match. I had a good bit of advice a while ago from a master blacksmith regarding my infactuation with symmetry - they pointed out that a lot of things look symmetrical even though they're not e.g trees, and you can keep the appearence of symmetry by mainting an overall balanced shape but vary the smaller details to keep things interesting.

Thanks buddy... my wife was looking over my shoulder and saw that... the unfinished bracelet I have due to working long late hours dims compared to that! Now she's going around the house trying to find things I can make or fix. Good news is she'll allow me to go get more charcoal and forge tomorrow.

I call that darned near perfect Joel. Good save. Um . . . Charles: You aren't trying to surprise any of us with the "wife likes it a little off," thing are you? YOUR wife liking it a little OFF is NOT a shock brother. <sigh>

However, to stay on topic I suppose I should relate my Valentine's gift to Deb. A card and nothing expensive were our wishes this year. Then we went and got each other a pedicure.

My feet still feel pretty. I seriously enjoyed a little foot pampering. Heck ANY pampering that doesn't actually involve a diaper is a good thing. All kidding aside, sitting in a massage chair, soaking my feet in a hot jacuzzi foot bath, a little massaging, a little hand washing with defoliant goop, trim the nails some sort of flesh eating file job on the calluses and a pretty young lady with a nice cleavage.

We were both seriously happy all day, I think it might have been the best Valentine's day we've had in I don't know how long.

Oh yes I recommend getting a peddy. Oh, go ahead get your toenails painted too, why not?

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks, Jim. But luck would have it that I have a sizable stash from my grandmother, and a spinster aunt that I can ration out over the next few years. Nice silver and tuqoise from befor they started selling the stuff in Beverly hills as well as some other vintage pieces brought home by sailers over the years.