I Forge Iron

Fire tools length

Mine are normally 28" in length. There are weight and ease of handling factors, as well. I don't make handles larger than 5/8" square, solid, or one can make basket handles which are relatively light. Harry Jensen of Toronto has made 4' long log forks of 5/8" round with two tapered, curved tines. These were for large fireplaces that took 3' to 4' logs for the fire.

My toasting forks are around 6-8" long but they screw onto the end of a stick so you don't get burned over the camp fire and once you've toasted/roasted dinner you can take them off the stick, poke them in the ground and a candle fits the pig tail so you can enjoy a romantic candle lit hot dog supper.

These are the back pack toasting forks of course. I can't find a picture, new computer and TBI make finding things a . . . challenge. Yeah, that's the word I was going to use, challenge. <grin>

Frosty The Lucky.

This isn't the best pic of a pigs tail toasting fork. Lindsay was a student who looked me up online and was very into back packing. She was my inspiration for the toasting fork and the pic is the one she made.

post-975-0-48256100-1401581359_thumb.jpg

Frosty The Lucky.