I Forge Iron

Fibonacci stack of FISHER anvils

I'm in Oregon. I dream of coming to the museum some day. I have 2 Fishers and they are simply amazing anvils each.
I have always longed for pictures of your museum.
Makes me all shaky right now.
I immediately went to CL and searched for more to buy.
What are the date ranges of those?
Do they vary much in the pattern or was it consistent through production?

Now that I finally figured out how to post photos, I will attempt to put up some more.  But not too many...Got to keep some of the mystery about it.

The pattern/shape did not change for the anvils in this stack.  I will have to check the date range.  I have some earlier Fisher 30 lb anvils that have a different shape.

Thanks Josh-

I'll look forward to whatever pictures you are willing to post. I do have a question, looking at AIA and the fisher ads, I see variations in sizes and shapes for the same weight anvils, from ad to ad (or year to year). Is there a potential way to correlate dates of manufacture to shapes of anvils? I'm still trying to tie down the date of manufacture of my 400lb Fisher which has the date partially obliterated. 193X?

Thanks 

Fisher made about 4 variations in shape, mostly changing the the early years.  By the 1930's, the shapes were pretty standard across their product line.   The design any time in the 1930's would have been the same, unless one ordered an anvil with some sort of custom feature. 

Some of the images in the ads were used although the designs had changed. 

Good morning all

Bob, the title of this thread is Fibonacci stack of Fisher anvils. We were subtly suggesting that the Fibonacci sequence does not describe a stack in the form of a pyramid but does describe a spiral. I could, however, be that Mario Fibonacci stacked those anvils for The Anvil Man and in that case it certanilly is a Fibonacci stack of Fisher anvils. -grant

Great pic!  

Now that you are camera to computer savvy i too propose more pictures of the museum, perhaps a members gallery. Is the train in which you are pictured next too in the museum??? 

p.s. Fibonacci is the only reason i clicked on this one first :D   I'm going to add this to my list of random terms in which i like to speak around others who have even less of an idea...

Great pic!  

Now that you are camera to computer savvy i too propose more pictures of the museum, perhaps a members gallery. Is the train in which you are pictured next too in the museum??? 

p.s. Fibonacci is the only reason i clicked on this one first :D   I'm going to add this to my list of random terms in which i like to speak around others who have even less of an idea...

I wish I had that Loco.  It is in Duluth, Minnesota.  I do have a 125 year old caboose though.