I Forge Iron

Price of LP today

notownkid

I got the wake up call today when I stopped in my local LP retailer for a 20 lb fill up to do just a little forging.  Came close to having to have a co-signer.  I was glad I didn't take the 40 lb tank.

In Oct it cost $10 for a fill, today it was $20.  Glad I wasn't trying to make something for someone else just repairing a broken logging chain. 

What are the rest of you finding?  I had heard it was up but double is a little more than up!  Glad I bought 100 lbs of coal last week for just a little more than the LP.   

I just had my 100lb tank filled up.  The guy weighed my tank and said it was bone dry, weighing only 95lb.  When he was done filling it, it weighed 195lb and the bill was $100.  According to my math, that's a dollar a pound.  My 20lb tank hasn't been filled for awhile and I don't recall how much it cost to swap out at the local gas station.  I've never had a small tank refilled, but I would think that a larger tank would be cheaper to fill in the long run.

OK Folks first off what is you're going  price when you take you're tank to the propane filler PER gallon ??  AND where are you ???

located AT !! ?  were NOT ! talking about a truck coming to fill  you're tank !!!! that's another thing STILL whats that cost ?? per gal

I am not talking wt or Lb as for tanks costing less or more $$ cause of size ??????????  it's per gal in CA  .

on the west coast here in crescent city  $ .80 in the last 60 days  & still going

are gas reg $ 3.80 down from & 450 GEE WOW ?

propane @ 2.80 per gal today

I was warned of this a couple of weeks ago.  We can thank global warming for this.  :P  Due to the heat wave across the country propane usage has spiked so the price has went up.  :angry:   And yes, this is sarcasm.  Thanks to the loony left I can't get coal, even though my state is swimming in it and now my supply of other fuels are going up. :angry:   I did get my 100lb tank filled, I shall go work out my frustration on an undeserving piece of steel. B)

I was warned of this a couple of weeks ago.  We can thank global warming for this.  :P  Due to the heat wave across the country propane usage has spiked so the price has went up.  :angry:   And yes, this is sarcasm.  Thanks to the loony left I can't get coal, even though my state is swimming in it and now my supply of other fuels are going up. :angry:   I did get my 100lb tank filled, I shall go work out my frustration on an undeserving piece of steel. B)

I was going to mention that it isn't really 'global warming' it's 'climate change'. I think snow in Atlanta qualifies as climate change. But then I saw you were from Alabama ( :P  :P  :P  :P ), so.... never mind.