I Forge Iron

They Shut Alabama Down

jmccustomknives

So we got a little snow, seems we Southerners forget how to drive when there is ice on the road.  Every one thinks it a bumper car free for all! :o   So anyway, got to stay home.  Finally got so bored I had to fire up the forge.  I'm sure the neighbors were thinkin', "What's that fool doing out there!" :angry:   Once things got warmed up, I had to shed the jacket.  Oh, FYI, snow doesn't work to well as a quenchant for your tools. <_<   So now I've set a new cold weather forging mark for myself, 30 F.

photo.jpg

2-3" of snow we have a couple times a week aka flurries.  We haven't seen 30 degrees for a high in 10 days.  17 today with breeze.  Moved a safe and a piano to keep warm with my Brother in law today and we are both suppose to be retired. 

Not everyone here can drive on snow or in slippery conditions, they must have moved north.  Fun to see them in the bushes and ditches all over the medians.  We figure they got to be skiers headed to the resorts.  Helps spread their money to the little people.

Enjoy the global warming folks 

When I was at college in NW AR I would park my car and walk when we got winter storms---my housemate would ask why as I learned to drive in states that had a lot of winter weather---I told him that "yes I could drive safely in 'that' but all the rest of you couldn't!  And so I was going to walk..."

I used to live near Indianapolisl I remember the 20 below and no snow for boy scout campouts, all I can say is: "Nya Nya Nya Nya!"

I'm glad you are armed, l don't know if they would allow you into Texas if you were not.  Come on down for a visit; I have a spare room and as my street is packed with Police, Army, Border Patrol folks it's very quiet indeed!

Just DO NOT CARRY EVEN A BULLET INTO MEXICO even accidentally!  (My house is near the border on the New Mexico side, and 4 houses from the TX border; a couple of miles from where all three places meet.)

Thursday, 30
clear.gif
75 | 49 °F
Clear

Friday, 31
partlycloudy.gif
73 | 43 °F
Partly Cloudy

Saturday, 1
partlycloudy.gif
65 | 40 °F
Partly Cloudy