I Forge Iron

I was gonna forge today, but.........

Nobody Special

Last weekend I was able to forge for 2 hrs I was 1 hammer blow away from finishing my nail header. Had to stop and go pick up the kids from school. Have not fire up the forge since. Been driving me crazy all week. 

Ooh yeah... that's the best.

BUT!!! 

you still got the chance to forge. It's a lot better than not at all. 

Being a wise-a..know-it-all aside I can really feel for you - hurry can kill all the joy. and having an unfinished job is like done nothing. 

BTW: I planned a nice smithing session for today. The wife said yesterday she needs the morning, and after that the father-in-law said there was some road cleaning work necessary to free the way for heavy lifting vehicles to carry in an old (museal) lathe. 

OK so it's a noble cause: a lathe in my shop, it's worth the trouble.

Greetings

Gergely

Eggwelder: I try to PM you, that it wont go too off-topic, but this keyboard went really fightful, so tommorow only

Say hi to Bailey's for me and tell her I miss her..........coffee too for that matter.

So, my excuse for the day, yesterday. Dummy me, had to do 80' or so of this by hand. (See Steve? Two feet down. :D Trencher? What's a trencher?) There will be electricity in my shed. Oh yes. It will be mine. Followed by a porch to move my forge under.

Kids, dogs, and probably passing aeroplanes found the darn thing fascinating and couldn't keep out under threat of violence.

didn't stop snowing all day.  bleh!  another good 3-4"  have ideas of a small jewelers  anvil for the one of the ladies at work.  she's thinking of reshaping some old silver cutlery,  may as well spread the addiction  :)  be out in the weather all week  so yeah...  not a lot of motivation today

I was gonna forge today, but I have broken tools, several vehicles in disrepair, no money, declining health, less money, basic needs like food and water that concerns the mind, too many ongoing projects and am perfecting my likeness to a bum.  

So in short.  I'm just being lazy.  Maybe tomorrow ? :P

Hopefully my newish bandsaw tires will stretch and set by tomorrow so I can finish/continue my new anvil stump made of old uneven  4x4 oak (needs days of glue)   Then my anvil "might" be well mounted and stationary for my forgings.   Probably the only reason I don't forge on account of the whole allergic to money thing.

Why don't I just use a Saw/Rasp/Wood Plane? you ask ?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laziness

is why.  No sugar coating needed.

My new forge's and newly made powerhammer sit and collect dust while I practice the art of Lazy.

LoL, if the rest of the world were like me we would all still be living under trees.

I was looking forward to forging over the weekend; my old apprentice was going to be in town and I thought we could do some billet welding!  So Friday I go home early from work blowing my brains out my nose.  Saturday and Sunday I spent most my time prone and I e-mailed in sick today as well...

Nemo Especial  as tempting as it is at times; planting kids is bound to get you talked about!

Yay!  Haven't forged anything, but I did get some glue on my new anvil stump.  And I put handles on 3 hammer heads.   Them old crudy oak 4x4's sure make some work to smooth out.   Glad I found that Hand Planer a while ago.  Works well.

Maybe I'll get to forge some new anvil spikes soon ?