I Forge Iron

I think I have finally found a big one.

i am still waiting for the photo proving hat basher is not in fact 4ft tall and that is a 12oz hammer he has tehre

well I always wanted to be an Elven smith (all that cold sword re forged stuff) but nature has dictated that I am a little bit more Dwarven in appearance .......

For anyone looking in the future, one way to roughly figure the mass of an anvil on eBay or wherever is to compare the dimensions with this table on the Vaughans website: http://anvils.co.uk/images/uploaded/ANVILS_DATA.pdf

It might not be exactly the same in proportions, but it's enough to give you an idea of the weight.

I bought a 5 cwt last year and it helped me know if it was worth making the trip or if the seller was deluded and I'd be wasting my time.

Nice anvil, looks clean!

Al

• 5 months later...

Wow, what a dream anvil. I am looking for a monster also, but in Hawaii, good luck. I think I may have the biggest in Hawaii at 280 lbs. Never seen or heard of a bigger one that 280. Boy I would love to get one over 500 lbs. If I had a 700 lb. anvil, I would put it out in my front yard and keep my surveillance camera on it and record peoples expressions or attempts at stealing it....Nice anvil.