I Forge Iron

Absent - now back at it

DocBlacklight

Sorry to have missed saying high Doc. You'll be on the prayer list here in the frozen north. I'm a TBI survivor largly thanks to the guys here praying for me. There are similarities between stroke and TBI so if you want or need someone to talk to give me a holler. I don't check my comp like I used to before my accident but check I do.

Frosty The Lucky.

Doc, Welcome to I Forge Iron

I read not only what you have said;
But to some degree I believe I have some sense of the depth of what you are expressing.
The uncertainty of a new, but unwanted experience in our lives challenges the metal of our resolve and the ones that are close to us.

One of the positive things that come out of my own challenges of overwhelming uncertainty is that my own personal humbling circumstance taught me Humility and Compassion for Others in a way I never understood before.

Those experiences turned out to be a gift that has made my life richer.
Although they were an unwanted experience’s I would not trade what I learned for anything.
As a result; I send you this note hoping things are leveling out for you.

My prayers have been expressed to our creator for the best good of you and the ones who love you.

Ted Throckmorton
PS. Here is just a thought that has helped me many times to keep my hope up!

Hold Fast to Dreams
Dreams
by Langston Hughes

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Thank you all for your prayers. Its been rocky and aggravating but I finally made it back to the forge.

Still trying to figure out how to do things properly, but its good to be back at it.

You are all great and I appreciate the prayers more than any of you could ever know.

Almost a year so far, and Im down to a limp, and some ongoing nerve damage in my eye. Its good to be back among friends.

Thank you all, and bless you.
-Tzelik Randell Jerry Gilmore (Now you know why I go by Doc)