I Forge Iron

My Forge Shop

Hi
first i'd like to say sorry for the fuzzy pics it was dark so i had to use flash

this is my shop my anvil the shop ......... plus my new forge that was bought (sorry for the miss-spell) yesterday, its got a water cooled tue-iron, i've only just started putting it up so the hood or bosh isn't up yet.

the place is a bit of a tip because i'm in the middle of rearranging it because of the new forge.
enjoy

Alec

P.S send pics of YOUR shop and the stuff Youv'e Got

cheers

19933.attach

19934.attach

19935.attach

19936.attach

19937.attach

19938.attach

If you think it is a tip now, give it a few months when you have aquired those extra tools you just had too have, the steel, coal - the bits that might come in handy some time and you will soon find yourself running out of space.

Wayne trust me i already am..... and metal iv'e got a whole tool bok full of random scrap from the steel yard and tons more bars of it.....I just cant get enough of it :)... that's probably because my last name is Steele with an E , No jokes.
haha

Thanks for the comments

Alec Steele

Thanks again

I don't want people babling over my shop all the time LETS see YOUR setup
haha

Alec

P.S. This morning i will be having my forge up and running I will show you guys pics of it running.

sorry that isn't gonna happen-It's snowing :(

Edited by dphigh
it snowed :(

Alec nice shop, I also like the horn to the right. I don't know if you know this but if you take muriatic acid and water ( don't know the mixture) you can clean the mortar off the bricks. You did a nice job on the forge I hate to see the mortar on the bricks. Good luck....Keep the fire burning and the metal hot!!!!!

DA,
I see you have the horn of your anvil to the right. Are you a lefty, or do you just prefer it that way? Nice shop btw.

ya ime a lefty... and ive used the horn ether way but find i like it to the right .. as far as the mortar on the bricks ive got the forge so dirty now you dont even notice it.. as far as open air forge setups in arizona they are the way to go ! my shop is part of a museum and the whole front is hinged so it adds shade ! its been cold here (down to the 60s ) so the bricks are nice for radiateing heat!

Alec nice shop, I also like the horn to the right. I don't know if you know this but if you take muriatic acid and water ( don't know the mixture) you can clean the mortar off the bricks. You did a nice job on the forge I hate to see the mortar on the bricks. Good luck....Keep the fire burning and the metal hot!!!!!

Just go into a builder's merchant and ask for 'brick acid'. It's about 3 quid a gallon.

Here's some pictures of my shopand some stuff I made. I took half of the garage to make the shop, the other half my wife gets to park her van in it. Built a 8'x10' shed to store stuff from garage. messed up I'll get the pictures posted.

Edited by Bad Creek Blacksmith
need to add pics