I Forge Iron

Procrastination, what excuse works best for you?

That was my excuse last year  :lol: but wont your forge warm it up?

This year my excuse is I dont want to burn out my forge lining and empty my propane tank if all im doing is making something small.

"Ill make that pair of tongs when I start on that larger project" I say..

2 weeks later I have a dozen small things on the list and I run outa time to do any of it  :lol:

To tell you the truth, I don't have a forge yet, I do cold work, like with copper, aluminum, and steel. I hope to have my forge up and running early in spring. Or whenever the snow leaves.

• 2 weeks later...

The forge does not heat the smithy much because the smoke exhaust takes out all warm air (I am at nearly 60° N.)

Do not postpone until tomorrow what your mother can do for you the day after!

Göte

It's -20 my car won't start, frost on my anvil, my water buckets are frozen solid,and holding a chisel hurts. Not that the cold and snow stops me most of the time but just got over a cold and being out in it doesn't help a cough, am going to read discworld till it gets above 0.

You have to take your own pace reguardless what it is. We all have responsibilities. We all have hobbies. You can't do all responsibilities and all hobbies at the same time.

Remember what Johnny Cash sang. It is all just a big pile of dirt.

With that said, is it really THAT important that you practice making nails...ignoring your family and responsibilities to go on and win the nail making championship. Nobody will remember who you are in five years.

• 2 weeks later...