I Forge Iron

forced to woodwork

I've heard tell of these things called table saws and scroll saws, heck even heard once of a key hole saw!!!

Heck my 18" husq can cut a table and I don't need a saw at all to make scrolls... Key holes though, isn't that something you would punch and if it needed to be fancy maybe a little file work?

Crazy wood smiths

I'll cut one tomorrow, it "LOOKS" like the temp is coming up, it's almost 4 ABOVE ZERO!!

I'm using Stihl mix oil, 20:1 and either Stihl or Husky bar oil out of the jug. I cut it with a little diesel or ATF in the winter and add a couple oz of Duralube to the gl. jug. The Duralube really cuts the friction on the bar, it doesn't warm up enough to need adjusting after running a while. I turn the bar every time I change out the chain but these are going on 12 years old. I have two saws.

Frosty

Wow 2 saws... I only have one Husq, but I still have a stable full of saws that I can't get parts for... 4 homelites (one is blue with a 30" bar, a real mans saw) 1 McCollugh (heavy!)... So out of 6 saws I have one that runs... I have come to believe that is because only one of them is orange, the Husq!!!

??? have we derailed this thread??? Nah, still talking about wood workin' Stihl rather be beating hot metal...

hmmm, chain saw carpentry . . . maybe if I show up with mine, my girl friend will be a little less enthusiastic about the honey-do list . . .

I see you have embraced the dark side alright. Pretty darned nice job of it too. Another series of pics I am NOT showing Deb.

I prefer Stihl wood working tools myself and routinely mix iron and wood in the Jotul. ;) Frosty

Thanks Frosty!

Yeah, I long for the days when I could just get away with giving gift certificates for B-days and holidays . . . now it's a family faux pas if I haven't made them something by hand.

I hear ya on the wood-iron mix for the ol' wood stove!
This one has a hearty appetite for the scraps from my shop . . .

10669.attach

Its funny because you guys talk about chain saw carpentry:D . My
first one was a husky and i reversed on it with my dads truck lol, was like 9 back then. Since then i got 2 stihl and neither let me down, ever. I
made my post and beam cabin and my workshop with my power saw hehe.
All the joints were mostly half laps nailed with spikes.