I Forge Iron

What's on your list to make for Christmas gifts

I'm curious what is on your list to make for the fast approaching Christmas of 2008?

Right now the following are on my list...

I have a total of 6 stainless steel roses to make.
2 courting candles

Inspiration hasn't hit for a few others that need to be on the list... hope it hits soon along with this blast of good weather!

I don't have an xmas list. But new tongs and a guilotine fuller and spring fuller and a new hammer are on my list of things to do before xmas. One no smithing item on my list is to finish this sweater that I am knitting for my grandfather and I am making socks for myself to and a knit hat.

-Set of wood-boring gimlets (2 thru 5 mm & countersink) - for dad (two handles complete – still R&D’ing the cutting bits)

-Poker (complete) and stand – first two items for fire tool set – for mom

-Finish pic frame which was an October birthday present – for wife

-RR spike hand cultivator to match trowel & weeder – for wife

Non-smithing – finish bookshelf (paint) – for wife

And she asked me last night “what are you making for the grandmas, aunts, and uncles?!!!”

I started a powdered motorcycle chain damascus knife for my father, but have only got the initial billet welded up so far. First I have to make a few bottle openers and key chains for paying customers and my fiance requested a black ring with a CZ set into it (that's been an interesting adventure). Oh, and I also started a cherry wood pipe for a good friend of mine that I really need to get working on too. I'm glad I stopped taking orders over a week ago otherwise I wouldn't get any of my personal gifts done!!!

Zach
Iron Oak Forge

I don't have an xmas list. But new tongs and a guilotine fuller and spring fuller and a new hammer are on my list of things to do before xmas. One no smithing item on my list is to finish this sweater that I am knitting for my grandfather and I am making socks for myself to and a knit hat.

Do you have the plans for a good guilotine, I want to make one but not sure of plans (I have a habit of overdoing a simple project) Thanks William