I Forge Iron

Thanks for the return of the Blue Prints!!

I couldn't find a way to reply to Steve's announcement that the Blue Print section is back online for our use. And dog GONNIT Steve and probably Foo deserve a hearty THANK YOU for opening that old door again!

WAY TO GO GUYS!!

Frosty The Lucky.

Didn't the blueprints disappear in an update maybe OS change a few years ago? Taking a month or two longer than you anticipated would've gone unnoticed when they came back. You know what they say about absence making the heart grow fonder? Having access to the blueprints makes my fondness levels cross giddy!

Thank you all for the hard work you've been pursuing so diligently for the last few years and congratulations for a job well done!

Frosty The Lucky.

Steve, thanks for bringing the blueprints back, but I'm finding that I can pretty much only see the Articles and the Hofi series(even just these two are a wealth of knowledge, though!). All the others say "Oops, you don't have permission to view this content".

Are these other series somehow restricted, or is this some sort of error?

Thanks,

Jono. 

I have to figure out how to get them in one place, Glenn had his own way of doing things that I am still sifting through. Some are in a forum listing as Blueprints the others are under Pages, eventually I will get them all under blueprints , bear with me I know they are a bit of a mess still, I have more to get posted again as well, keep checking back there

Glenn hadn't gotten them all sorted into the blueprints forum before the OS change lost them did he? I think he just lumped things that fell into his "blueprint" definition into the forum and was working his way through organizing them. At least I seem to recall him asking the forum for suggestions to help organize things. I recall the blueprints section being kind of hard to navigate though random selections could be fun.

Frosty The Lucky.

Don't kill yourself Steve, it will take as long as it takes. I tried "articles" earlier, found the link but it looped back to the article section. I decided to leave you be then and will wait quietly unless I think of something I can do to help.

Frosty The Lucky. 

when you select a BP in that section, it does bring up the BP but its at at the bottom of the page after the articles listings, confusing I know.. It took me a while to notice that myself,  that is why I am trying to move them into the forum properly

slowly getting them moved over, so far I have 00, 100, 300 series moved into the forum and they can be commented on now as well.  I dont have photos for 200 or 500 series yet still searching for them, we have them somewhere I think

Thank you again Steve I spent a couple hours looking through many of them and seeing old names kind of choked me up.  Once you figured it out you were really moving them, I was just looking and skimming and you left me in the ink dust.

Frosty The Lucky.

Dear Steve, since these were unavailable for so long they kind of dropped off my radar.  Now, that you are resurrecting them so fast it is like drinking from a fire hose.  It will take some time to process them.  There have been a few, e.g. the mystical things to do to ensure a successful forge weld, that I now recall reading years ago.  Again, thank you for all the effort.  These are a good resource.

Also, are you accepting any new ones?

GNM

YES always

Sadly we stopped hosting the Tuesday night BP presentation because Glenn and I could not do it anymore, and no one else would commit to being in the chat room every Tuesday to present them, but I will still add to this list when they get sent it, I will format them if you cant as well.

I also added some of the 200,  400 and 600 series today, still so many are missing drawings or photos 

Perhaps someone would be willing to go over the old ones like that and re do them?

Wow!  Logged in early this morning and immediately hit the list of blueprints in the Activity section. Are you done loading them?

Thanks Steve!

added 700 last night, and 800 and 900 this morniong, plus half of the 200 and none of the 500 series have photos

If everyone can do us all a favor,  I noticed while doing the 900 series that there were many duplicates there from other series. So if while  browsing these you notice a copy,  let me know the BP numbers of say 923 and 400 are the same so I can removed the copys.

Just a consideration to make it easier to navigate, what does the series number indicate? Could each be called for example "BP400, Tooling"? Also it seems some of the series I am able to look at and some I do not have permission for. 

Thanks for all the work so far in bringing these back again!

no clue, its a Glenn number system. I honestly think its based on when it was presented as much as anything

everyone should be able to read and post to the forum sub section,. the Pages will be going away after I finish up, I have been deleting from there as I transport them into the forum itself

You need to take more breaks Steve, you're making more double posts as the day goes on. 

I don't know about them making sense, I don't think they ever have, have they? If you do get them organized maybe even (be still my heart) searchable we'll have to take up a collection and throw you a cyber party!

Frosty The Lucky.