I Forge Iron

Cabron

templehound

Some orders are challenging, especially when they contain design elements I never really preferred.

Like the birds head handle shape that is found on knives and swords over the centuries.

But a nice customer ordered a nostalgic German boy scouts knife....in German it is called a "Fahrtenmesser"

....google translates that kind of knife as "wind speed indicator":blink:....you can't expect much from Google translate.

But anyway I grew into the topic and with every working step it became much clearer how the resulting knife should look like....at the end I touched down between

German Wandervogel Youth movement from 1896 and the Mexican revolution 1910....let's call it vintage-military.

I tried to keep it plain and sinister by using only steel and wood and antique patina.

Blade is ground from 80CrV2 and I would not say that steel is superior in edge retension and sharpness but it is tough as nails easy to sharpen and very forgiving.

The short bolsters and rivets  are made of  construction steel and ordinary steel nails and handle slabs are Indian almond wood.

The lowered riveting was delicate to do by not denting the wood and keeping them all centered and in size equal.

The sheath is made out of very hard and dry water buffalo leather which supports the performance and vintage appearance.

Cheers :)

Cabron 1b.JPG

Cabron 2.JPG

Cabron 3.JPG

Cabron 4.JPG

Cabron 6.JPG

Cabron 5.JPG

Cabron 8.JPG

Cabron 9.JPG