I Forge Iron

New Shop !

Well I`ve been working on expanding my shop. It`ll be 16x12 finshed. I will have my welding & smithing stuff in the same shop. I also have me a lil side room for coal & steel , its 8x10. We got the posts all up on the new side and we got the roof almost done, we got the plywood on it and feelt. Tonight we should get all the studs doen and maybe put some of the plywood up on the walls. Only thuing i`ve had to buy was 4 sq. of shingles, 10 sheets of plywood, 6 4x4s and the plugins and lights. My great uncle got everything else from his work. The new part will have a strip of the ply wood on hinges for a window and so ppl can watch. I`ll post pics asap.
Chris

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok! Once we get the walls up , I`am going take EVERYTHING out of it and wash the floor on the old side (it`s got a LOT of coal dust) and move the forging stuff. I`am making hinges for the new door and the pull and trying to think of a latch to lock the door ( I got onre i bought but i wann al thhe the stuff on the door to be forged LOL.)
Chris

Thanks Mitch! It`ll be double the size of my forging shop. I just got off the Phone with Mike Parrish (FPF) and he will be build me the fire pot for the forge and May be building the hood for it ( I mean cutting it all out and I fit and weld it all up).
Chris

Well here it stands as of today. I just put the brake drum & hood to see how it draws (does good I used paper ) . I`am having Mike P (frog Pond Forge) make a fire pot & maybe a hood)
Chris

OPPS!!!!! Glenn can you add these pics to the last Post. I forgot em LOL:p:o:rolleyes:

8927.attach

8928.attach

8929.attach

8930.attach

8931.attach

Hey. Here is some pics of what the shop looks like now, One more wall and door to go , then cut the wall in between the new & old side and cut the window. Also will be roofuing the whole shop new & old with shingles. Also I added a pic of a hot cut I made, it works GREAT.

8954.attach

8955.attach

8956.attach

8957.attach

8958.attach

8959.attach

Hi Chris,

You just can't help yourself can you? You're just too much of a blacksmith, aren't you? You start out to show us pix of your new shop... You get a couple of them posted, but then, hey, here's this cool new hot cut I made, I'll add a pic of that... And three more pix of a hot cut get uploaded to show us that too. Like I said, you're a real blacksmith!!!

Thanks for keeping us updated!

All the best, Phil

What do you mean by get the floors done? What kind of floors? I hope you get that log siding, that'd be cool, although more work than painting I guess. Have you got the roof all on now? If you haven't, don't dilly dally on it. Looking good. Thanks for sharing your joy with us! Now we're happy too!