I Forge Iron

Quad-State 2008....Shout out if your going!!

Alright folks, as of tomorrow, we begin the 3 week stretch going into the SOFA Quad-State Roundup. So, as I'm gonna go this year, let's have a shout out to see who's going. Who can I look forward to meeting in person?

Man, I'm getting shakey just thinking about it..............as this is probably one of the biggest events I'll ever get a chance to attend!!

I will be there set up working for Yesteryear Forge selling and demonstrating his custom tooling...The hook jig, and c frame guillotine that runs over in the auctions part of IFI and also on ebay. I will also have a good assortment of hammer handles available. So bring your hammer needing handles and find one that fits. There will also be some other stuff around too for sale.

At least just stop by and say hello. It is always good to see and meet all my internet friends.

Peyton

Peyton; what's the general price for a good handle? I always try to stock up when I can.

Also I've seen several triphammers with a big round hole in the frame casting for a hammer handle---will you be stocking any of those?

I saw a couple of nice spike adzes at the fleamarket for US$4 a piece but with no handles and handles down here are scarce, not like back in AR...

ptree,

Look forward to seeing the Fold a Forge trailer in person. The pics I saw couldn't do it justice, not like live and in living color. Will be good to see the only other Vanadium Steel anvil like mine I know of, also.

I'll be roughing it somewhere in the primitive area with one of my smithin' buddies. I think we'll be tent camping.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to be set up with a forge going all weekend demoing and selling Mike's tooling(c frame guillotine, and s hook jigs). Please come on by and say hello! We will also have some other newly fabricated goodies that you won't be able to turn down too! But those will be a surprise!

I will be beside John Elliott of Blacksmith Supply.

:)
Peyton

Looks like the weather is going to be perfect for a great time! mid to upper 70s and NO RAIN!

Ye Haw!

I will be heading out with Mike, Linda, and Sarah Wednesday afteroon after Sarah and I kick all oyr kids out of the classroom. Will be there setting up Thursday, and ready to go for the weekend.

I am excited!!!!!

Peyton