I Forge Iron

Kanca 50(110lb)

Both of my pairs of coveralls have the groin/thigh torn wide open from a little hole getting caught on the tip of the horn as I slipped past... I don't mind the pointy horn necessarily. That is to say I wouldn't purposefully remove it, nor would I "sharpen" it. I agree, if you need something with that small of a radius a bickern makes more sense.

Most of the time if I need the smaller bick I'm working on something small and potentially fiddily. It helps to have something that goes into the hardie and brings the piece higher up than the horn on my anvil. I have a double horn mini anvil and a second one that has a rectangular cross section tapering in both directions. They are both useful in their own ways.

ok thanks you that's kind of what i thought but wanted to be sure

On 5/21/2022 at 9:47 AM, Frosty said:

The end of the horn on my Soderfors is about the size of the end of my little finger and leaves a bruise that can take weeks to fade. It'll teach you to watch where you're going.

Frosty The Lucky.

this one is the size of my thumb or a little more

On the subject of the depth and healing time a good collision with a horn can do you. Try the corner of the heal some time, heck square on the end will leave a lasting bruise and teach those close by now many swear words you know or can make up on the fly. 

Frosty The Lucky.