I Forge Iron

I want to build a company

I've never been attracted to the helpless ones either, not even for a casual dalliance. One "last date" red flag for me has always been when one starts telling me about all the things I can buy her. Says to me, "I'm ever heavier baggage."

Frosty The Lucky.

After I lost Martha and it felt OK emotionally I started to look at E-Harmony (and Martha had given me strict instructions that I wasn't to mope around after she was gone but to do things and get out and meet people).  Reading some of the descriptions that some women had posted about themselves was very interesting reading and definitely allowed me to thin the herd of prospects.  I recall one rather attractive woman who listed her primary hobby as "shopping."  I quickly scrolled on.

In the end, I met Madelynn on E-Harmony and have hit the relationship home run twice in my life.  Sadly, a lot of folk never get to first base and seem to strike out every time they go to bat.

One piece of advice for anyone using a dating web site:  NEVER, EVER lie or embroider your profile whether it is about age, education, income, etc..  An initial lie will sour any future relationship.  Also, for guys, do not post a picture of yourself with your motorcycle, boat, ATV, or a fish or dead animal.  Just do a head shot and be done.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

I change my avatar photo from time to time and have put a picture of myself on there but always changed it back.  Ifi is the only place that I have done that as well.  I have one of Shemp that I like, but always go with "old whiskers".....  I like Wile E. Coyote!

• 3 weeks later...

You don't have plate psoriasis? You had me going there Billy.

I think about digging out another pic for an Avatar but I like this one. It's from 99 or 2000 so that moose is about 7-8 generations of resident moose ago and he was a sweetheart. When I fired up a chainsaw he'd come right over to take advantage of any tree I dropped. There's a pic somewhere of me bucking a log and him eating leaves about 15' away. 

Just so nobody gets the wrong idea a moose that friendly is extremely dangerous. They become familiar with YOU personally, lose their fear and start treating you like a piece of scenery. If something spooks them they tend to turn into whirling dervish stomping kicking engines. YOU aren't a moose so you're a threat. STOMP THREAT is moose logic.

Moose kill and injure more people than all the other animals in Alaska combined. 

But BOY are they tasty! 

Frosty The Lucky.

The barn I found that plate in also had an older one from the 20s or 30s I can’t remember exact year but I couldn’t talk the old guy into selling me that one,

he wanted to wait till it was 100 years old and then take it down to the tag office and donate it to be hung on the wall

14 hours ago, Frosty said:

STOMP THREAT is moose logic.

Someone posted a video compilation online the other day that was basically "Stupid people getting stomped by moose." While I decry the voyeuristic aspect, one hopes it might give some folks a better sense that Alces alces is not to be messed with.

17 hours ago, TWISTEDWILLOW said:

my avatar is a rusty 1946 Oklahoma license plate I found in an old barn back in mulberry hollow a few years ago

Do you hang that plate on the wall, Billy?

You have such neat place names in your area, kind of reminds me of Mayberry for some reason....:)  We have a Possum Holler nearby!