I Forge Iron

Greetings

DerFeldschmied

Hello!

After a while of reading many topics here, I finally decided to sign up. My name is Paul I am 18 years old and from Bensheim in southern Hassia in Germany. I was always interested in history and so my passion on old crafts, especially blacksmithing, but also agriculture and old machinery began when I was 14. Since back then, I am forging, yet quite irregular. But I am always interested in old tools and new knowledge about them. I am excited to become part of this community and say hello to each of you!

Greetings from Germany

Good Morning Paul,

Greetings from western CANADA, the left coast. There are people here from all around the world. I know there are Blacksmith get togethers in Europe, find out where they get together and join in. It is easier to have someone show you how to do something. When you wish advice, the advice would be correct for the circumstance. There is not ONE WAY to do something, there are many ways and they are all correct. That is the part that will take a little while to figure out.

Enjoy the Journey, there is no destination.

Neil

Welcome, (from down close to the US/Mexico border),  I have fond memories of welding up a pattern welded steel billet at a Freilichtmuseum, Bad Windsheim back in the later 1990's.  Have you looked into working with a Museum group of smiths yet?

I remember visiting a water run industrial smithy, now a museum, that still did demos in Lauf auf der Pegnitz; but they wouldn't let a nonmember forge due to restrictions.