I Forge Iron

Sail Ho!

Chenier

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/2/2022 at 7:07 PM, Chenier said:

I'm looking forward to doing some methodical skills-building now that the boat is out of the shop.

Looks to me like it time to enjoy the fruits of your past shop time for a while first.

Enjoy,

David

Frosty, in the pic the hull is angled away from the camera a bit, making it look shorter. The hull is essentially the same length as the boom - which is square to the camera.

There was a light breeze for the sea trial and she scooted right along. Manouverability was great. I'm giving it a thumbs up!

And I'm grateful there wasn't a heavy breeze. It wasn't warm enough for me to need a swim.

I just now found this thread - GREAT job on that Sunfish, and even got the fish on the sail:)

I'm an old boat bum myself, lived aboard 25+ years and raise the family on a 40 ft sailboat.  I'm impressed (beyond impressed!) with your woodwork, and the hardware built from scratch.  

Isn't retirement great having time to do those "fun" things?  My only gripe about retirement is the aches 'n pains of old age.