I Forge Iron

kettlebell homemade with recycled material tips

angiolino

how to make a kettlebell at home with recycled material and a few tools.

guys excuse me if I disturb, I am closed at home because of the covid, as time passes I would like to build a kettlebell, the pastime does not consist in using it by training, but in building it some suggestions thanks sorry for the inconvenience.

150px-Dragon_Door_Kettlebells_in_Three_S

It's good Angiolino, lots of us are staying home and bored too. You bring us interesting things and make life a little less boring. 

I like Das's suggestion, you can drill different weight rocks for a complete kettle stone set! 

Frosty The Lucky.

if I make it out of concrete, in reality I don't even know how to use it for training but I'm bored to death on the net I saw 15 kg but the right weight I think is better 8 kg
barbell dumbell I think they are more suitable for home training,
  I hope the confinement and coercion will soon end, otherwise I will need a new shed to store all these junk that I would like to make.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Гиревой_спорт

Подставка под гири двух ярусная ( для 12 гирь) Atlantic AT-1307 / купить  подставку под гири двух ярусную ( для 12 гирь) Atlantic AT-1307

I picked up a 75# one at the scrapyard; it's sitting in my armour making stuff.  For small ones: are there any brick with suitable holes in them?  A typical modern brick here in the USA has 3 holes and so could be stacked to provide differing weights with an arc'd  holder going through the outer holes for grabbing.

A US gallon of water weighs 8.34 lbs or 3.78 kg at 62 °F (17 °C).

An imperial gallon (UK) weighs 10.022 lbs or 4.546 kg, at its most dense temperature.

Another source

It makes a difference which unit of gallon you are using. There are two US definitions of gallon. The US liquid gallon (most commonly used) is defined as 231 cubic inches, which is 3.785 liters, and weighs 8.344 lbs at its highest density.

The US dry gallon is defined as 1/8th of a US bushel, which is 268.8025 cubic inches or 4.405 L. The weight of a US dry gallon is 9.711 lbs of water at its highest density.

The UK gallon or imperial gallon originally was defined as 10 lbs of water, but the modern definition is exactly 4.54609 L or 10.02 lbs of water at its maximum density.

Another reason to post your location and get better answers.

Glenn,

This is a great opportunity to demonstrate the difference between precision and accuracy.  Precision is a measure of repeatability, accuracy is a measure of hitting the intended target.

In this case, the intended target is to contrive an inexpensive way to approximate a set of kettle bells, presumably for strength training.

Aside from competitions, or use in commerce, there is no reason to be concerned about how precisely the weights are labeled.  If a given weight isn't suitable, the person using it goes up or down in their collection accordingly.  The bucket allows this via adding or subtracting ballast which could take whatever form the user has at their disposal.  Ten is a round figure which makes "bucket level" approximations simple.  

My point is that the pursuit of precision often works against accuracy.  Lots of people can throw a random rock accurately.  Sure, you could build anything from a trebuchet to a cannon to "fix" human error.  None of them will be as accurate with a random rock as the person. 

The comment was to show the differences between the weight of gallons due to the scale they are measured with. 

The weight of a US dry gallon is 9.711 lbs of water.  I am still trying to get my head wrapped around a dry gallon of water.  

Like the fellow that used potato sacks to build his muscles by holding them out at arms length with both arms for a period of time.  He went from 10 pound potato sacks, to 20 pound potato sacks, and once he was comfortable with that, he started to add potatoes to the sacks.