I Forge Iron

Plucky

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nodebt, never ask moderators to lock a post unless it's dire. You never know who might post what next. ;) always some good stuff even years down the road. 

I haven't been up to much metal magic lol. Have done some smaller stuff and been more busy with a 5mo and a 2 1/2yo. 

Among other things going on I've been a bit absent. (Way too much catching up to do lol.) I'm around. ;) Waiting on a dr. also for info atm. This year has been rough on many, for many reasons. My girls are happy and healthy. Been dealing with some health concerns of my own. 

Sorry, not trying to hyjack your cool sculpture thread. Lol seems it went sideways without anyone saying how cool it is so I wanted to say so. Have you been doing others? I'll have to dig through the forum to see. I got sidetracked for a bit. Totally love Plucky tho. 

Frosty, I know. Some things were getting the better of me. (Let alone kids lol. One is a lot, two is full time) we'll see how much breathing room I get. I'm never gone for good, I just get lost sometimes. ;)

Save the metal magic for later, when things cool down.  It is good to hear from you.  And get a thumb's up on plucky.... :)

It HAS been a strange, rough year for most, on this end as well.  It can't last forever.  Hang in there with the family and your health above all things.

You can try to hyjack my thread all you want, it's already gone off the rails...  It's a curse or something.  You never know what side of the ditch it will careen into.  But it's all fun...

Yes, I have done a few things lately, but my shop is all packed up and I am getting ready to move across country.  It's odd not being able to walk into the shop and create.  I guess we all get lost sometimes, Das.  

Scott.

Totally Scot. It is all in fun. If they didnt like your post they wouldn't have replied at all. Sometimes you just get thoughts moving. Doesnt have to be about your piece but in the Art sense, thought provoking. You win at that. 

Where abouts are you moving to? Can't imagine trying to pack up my shop lol. 

NC.  Sandhills area.  

12 minutes ago, Daswulf said:

Can't imagine trying to pack up my shop lol. 

Don't ever try it.  It's all packed in a garage in town.  I thought I had a stout back.  I bet the back bumper on the moving trucks drag.

17 hours ago, Frosty said:

You don't like ice cream Scott?

Jerry...  I like vanilla ice cream with a bit of strong black coffee drizzled over it.  I like cherry, nut, fudge ice cream.  I could probably learn to like anchovy ice cream,but Spatchcocked durian with fermented Balut in a habenero curry tzatiki ice cream?  You win.  

Good ice cream has egg in it. 

In truth anchovy ice cream is so far off my palate's radar  . . . :wacko:

Vanilla ice cream is my favorite almost any non meat topping is good. My regular is with rice crispies and Hershey's or real maple syrup. Butterscotch chips or syrup mmmmm. Almost any jam or jelly is good, crushed Oreos, cashews or heck any nuts. Potato chips are always good on ice cream, the salty crunchy balances the sweet smooth cold so nicely. 

Frosty The Lucky. 

Yep, French vanilla with just about any cordial liqueur drizzled over it. I like Grind Espresso Shot, Celtic Crossing, Bailey's Irish Cream, Peppermint Schnaps. My wife's uncle had a saying, that after a big meal ice cream fills up all the hollow spots in your tummy.

"I like Grind Espresso Shot, Celtic Crossing, Bailey's Irish Cream, Peppermint Schnaps."      All at once?

I learned about Cruzan Blackstrap rum at a Quad State when Ric Waugh, aka VIcopper, brought a bottle and shared it around the fire.  I try to keep some on hand.  My wife like Baileys and Amaretto generally separately in her coffee.

5 hours ago, JHCC said:

Good vanilla ice cream with black walnuts (not English!) and a slight drizzle of Vermont fancy grade (not USDA grade A!) maple syrup is quite the taste sensation. 

We had a black walnut tree once.  We used to gather them up and throw them on the gravel lane to get the nasty outer shell off, the grinding action of the tires and gravel worked well.  Then you had to break open the nearly impenatrable shell with a hammer.  Wear safety goggles if you ever attempt this.  Then just try to pick out the meats!  It's worthwhile though.  Mmmmm....  In warm bannana bread, with lots of butter?  I must try them on vanilla ice cream with Vermont maple syrup.  All the other ideas as well!  So little time....