I Forge Iron

Plucky

"the head is the best part!!"   Also the highest concentration of prions for things like Mad Cow Disease of which Kuru, AKA the laughing sickness, is one. (And No, I don't really think that Anachronist58 has been participating in funerary cannibalism with members of the Fore tribe of Papua New Guinea.)

Don't worry I'm quite used to people smiling and nodding and backing away slowing while keeping an eye on me after I've tried to make a joke...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a Jerry Lewis skit the other night where he sang a song, "The Lord Loves a Laughing Man".  I enjoy humor, as you can probably tell.  You don't "try" to make a joke Thomas, I have read things you have posted that made me laugh and brightened my day.  Influenced the way that I think of things a bit, if I may say so.  (A bit)  But, sometimes I feel I go to far with the joking around and wonder when or if it will offend someone.  And get called out for it.  Or drag someone else down with me.  As in "chicken head".   I'm probably the one to be backed away from, sometimes.

2 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

(And No, I don't really think that Anachronist58 has been participating in funerary cannibalism

Thomas, I can not entirely rule out prion consumption by my fore bearers, based upon known familial behaviours..... but frankly, I can not countenance my food looking at me, and have an aversion to consuming any type of animal organ......

as far as Joking is concerned, I run all of my material past Mrs. Sheila Taylor first, so my vetted joke output approaches Zero.

1 hour ago, Nodebt said:

But, sometimes I feel I go to far with the joking around and wonder when or if it will offend someone.

I have not seen that in your conduct, seriously....

Robert Taylor

The mods let me know if my jokes are over the line. 

Like flaws in forged work, the only person likely to see a problem with a Nodebt joke, is Scott himself. 

Thomas knows he's in trouble when his daughter gets out one of those shoulder length plastic gloves while scowling at him.  Well, that's when it sinks in anyway.

Frosty The Lucky.