I Forge Iron

pelican

Found a thing that looked like a pelican's head, so made the rest from an old buggy spring, a couple of picks, a water pipe and a pair of U-bolts. It's heading to a beach house down on the coast. Anyone know what that head/beak piece is???

pelican.JPG

Nodebt, I do actually have another one of these, but I don't think it's what you're looking for. Anyway, I took a photo because it's easier to see than the one on the pelican. No one seems to know what it is.

DSC_2061.JPG

17 hours ago, ausfire said:

No one seems to know what it is.

And for good reason.  It looks as though the bar on the bottom of the beak is offset on the "mouth" end, to the nut and casting.  Its seems centered on the "head" end.  Clue?  Idk.  The "eye" is probably for a bolt to hold the thing tight on a shaft.  Confused yet?  So am I....  I can tell you what it is.  Its the head to another fine pelican!

I think we have found the answer. It's the business end of an old style syphon pump similar (but not identical) to this one.  Here's  picture from an early 1900s catalogue:

94040603_2584746695176211_7200668677841092608_o (2)_LI.jpg

DSC_2061.JPG