I Forge Iron

100 animal heads

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting better fast Shoshinjoe, you're a talonted fellow. I like this basic opener but I envision the owl's talons holding the bottle cap. One on each side like they were pulling it off. Maybe brushed brass highlights to define feathers or the texture of the talons and beak. 

There's a world of possibilities with this and I bet they'd sell really well. 

Frosty The Lucky.

On 3/2/2020 at 4:30 PM, Shabumi said:

Locust would make good handles. I have a few nice pieces in the firewood pile a can pull aside to try.

I have a few locust logs drying. I put them up last summer specifically for making handles with them. I haven't split them into staves yet but they're straight. Hope I don't get  surprised by the grain when I split it up. I'll make sure to post how they come out. I'm going to let them dry until at least autumn but most likely next summer. I'll have to check on them. I haven't looked at them since I put them up back in June. 

Pnut

• 3 weeks later...

Uh. . . . I THINK more than the corrugated roof is making your TRIANGLE look less square :huh: than it really . . . IS?  Is this a New Math thing?

Nice triangle, I like it. I acknowledge a little bit of odd wording but MAN what a juicy straight line! Thank you for the morning giggles.

Frosty The Lucky.

Surely you didn't mean you squared the round stock a little for the triangle did you?  NAH. 

Don't worry, my brain is on it, has been since I first read it. So long as the legs aren't the same length almost any shape will ring. 

Hmmmm,  "The California, Square Triangle Company"? the motto,  "Noting is as dingy as a "California Square Triangle! No easy way around it." 

Ain't we having fun now?

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...