I Forge Iron

Forge Hut

Peppie

Put an electrical outlet on the pole beside the table, and another on the wall beside the hammers. 
When you get a chance, maybe a shelf just under the table top so you can slide grinders etc onto the shelf and out of the way. Adding under the table top hooks for other often used tools will save you a lot of walking.

Depending on the span between the poles, you can put say 3-4 rows of drive hooks down from the top of the pole. These can come in handy for storing lengths of metal stock up and out of the way.   

Great advise Glen. I do need to add more outlets. I was thinking of running a multi- outlet extention cord around the inside top edge of the hut. That will keep the cords off the ground when tools are in use.

And yes shelves and hooks are in the near future.

ThomasP  yes The forge has a back door. It is closed off most of the time. There is also a heat sheild between the forge and the propane bottle. If I need to forge some thing long the heatsheild is removed and the bottle is also moved out of the way of the heat.

Hojpoj yes they are alum. They were cut offs from a composite deck rail project I did years ago. There are holes drilled thru them to mount a screw on the inside of the 1" sq. Tube. Cant find a close up sorry.

4 elements. Lol the scrap pile is out of site.. out of my wife's mind. What you cant see, cant hurt you.

Trust me there is a pile.

TY Frosty,

Dont need no stinking gutters.lol

There is a back door on the forge. Dont have a need(yet) to pass long stock thru. But when I do... I can.

New ribbon burner forge idea rolling around in my head. I will post up the idea soon to get some feed back. Kinda want to place the burner to the bottom right hand side ( pointing up) of a 16" diam tube. Resulting in to direct flame to the steel.

Dave

On 12/4/2018 at 7:49 PM, Peppie said:

Probably 3' away from the forge. It would have to be a runaway propane fire to get to the O/ A  tanks.

And if there were a leak at the Acetylene tank, valve, hose, etc,  a flame 3 feet away is called an ignition point.

A piece of hot metal, cut off, etc falling on a acetylene hose just needs to burn through and you have an acetylene gas leak. Another reason to always close the valves on the tanks, and coil up the hoses when they tanks are not being used.  

Hojpoj. Today I moved both the propane tanks to othre side of the exterior wall. At times I may be an idiot... but I am not stupid. Lol

Good point Glen, I have a plan to move the oxy/ acy tanks to the exterior of the hut. Very soon..before I fire up the forge.

Very nice.  I had a fully open shop in the 90's that was really a 12 foot octagon, wish I had built it square like you have there.  The people who bought that property made a gazebo out of it.  Your tool and hammer storage is very creative, and your work layout forge to anvil to bench looks great - good job.

Hheneg, TY I will soon have shift somethhings around to make room for a soon to build hydraulic forging press... it never seems to end.

Anthony. TY  you are not far away. Space never seems to be enough. Wife wasnt happy with my 4' bump out. Lol I did it when she wasnt here. Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness, than to ask for permission.