I Forge Iron

NEB Fall Meet

• 2 weeks later...

It is Show time,  Green Coal Tent up and running mid Fri,  Registration underway, super Pot Luck Supper last night and a great slide Show by Mark till about 9PM.  The  Main "Mark Show" starts in the Main Ring at 9am today.  Still a chance if you live nearby to get there. 

Reported to be 148 people at the  NEB's Fall Meet, said to be the largest ever.  Mark Aspery Doing fabulous Job Demonstrating with humor thrown in.

Had a huge Iron in the Hat last evening after a great Pig Roast dinner.  Worth attending this event just in the eats.

Demos this AM 9-12.

Hey Dale, you didn’t win an N.E.B casting this year.  The stars must be out of alignment.  I won nothing as usual.  The spring I got two years ago was an aberration....

It was a fun time.  Mark was a great presenter and it sure was packed in there.  His kind words about our membership and his help with the 2020 ABANA meet were a nice touch.

Was a great event.. Sadly won't be here today..  Busy 2 days with tons of questions and forging great stuff.. Mark Aspery was a great demonstrator offering excellent professor level information for all involved from beginner to pro.  

Great meet.. Can't wait for the next 1.. 

here is a picture of the Steeled hardie (1018 mild with 5160 steel cutting face, started as 1"sq)..  Started at the spring meet on 3 different anvils and completed yesterday on yet another..  I'll refine it a little more and take out the shank blem from the different anvils.. 

20180605_062656.jpg

20180605_062755.jpg

20180605_062848.jpg

20180605_062914.jpg

41548446_10157775487109829_188687942061916160_n.jpg

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, Lou L said:

Hey Dale, you didn’t win an N.E.B casting this year.  The stars must be out of alignment.  I won nothing as usual.  The spring I got two years ago was an aberration....

It was a fun time.  Mark was a great presenter and it sure was packed in there.  His kind words about our membership and his help with the 2020 ABANA meet were a nice touch.

Stars were not completely lines up BUT Dale Martin won it so almost got it right, plus I've got everything already.  Mark did do a fine job and he certainly tuned me up to attend the ABANA 2020 meet if possible.  It was a great time the Morrell's do an outstanding job never miss one there.  Have a good winter see you  on the cape in the spring.