I Forge Iron

I haven’t introduced myself!

Awrksmokey

Hello, I am Awrkiron, and I joined IFI sometime in June, I think. I think blacksmithing is awesome (I assume most people here do aswell). I am 12years old and I have done minimal metalwork things, so I am completely inept. I do not know what else to say, but if you have any Qs just ask!

Awrkiron

Good Morning,

"AWRK"  Isn't that a noise a bird makes when it is in Distress???? No need to hide your name, unless you are ashamed of it.

You should hook up with some of the guys in your area. Check out the ABANA affiliate in Massachusetts. I'm sure they will welcome you and take you under their wing, teach you which end is up, which end is HOT, which end is not.

Enjoy the Journey,

Neil

48 minutes ago, swedefiddle said:

"AWRK"  Isn't that a noise a bird makes when it is in Distress????

Maybe in your neck of the woods Neil but around here, "AWRKiron!", is the sound a Rustwing Ditch Picker makes when it finds something good. :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard Awrkiron, glad to have you. An easier handle to pronounce and remember would be nice but it's not mandatory. Of course you'll have to get used to the bird jokes, we aren't making fun of you, just having a little fun . . .  at your expense. 

And seeing as you came to US!? :o for help and advice. Here's your first correction. ANY 12 yr old who admits up front to not knowing much and asking for help is FAR FROM INEPT! Just because you don't know something doesn't mean you can't learn it. Ignorance is a curable condition if you're willing to admit it and willing to do something about it.

We're pulling for you.

Frosty The Lucky.

13 hours ago, JHCC said:

Welcome to IFI! If you haven’t yet, please READ THIS FIRST!!!

I’ll read it again, thank you!

13 hours ago, MotoMike said:

welcome

Thanks, Motomike

13 hours ago, swedefiddle said:

"AWRK"  Isn't that a noise a bird makes when it is in Distress???? No need to hide your name, unless you are ashamed of it. Check out the ABANA affiliate in Massachusetts.

Haha, it is a squawking noise! I am taking classes with some people who really pretty knowledgeable. I will ask about ABANA. Thank you

12 hours ago, Glenn said:

There are several blacksmithing groups in your area. Find a group and go to the meetings. You will learn more in a few hours than you can ever imagine.

I will work on it, thanks!

12 hours ago, Frosty said:

Seeing as you came to US!? :o for help and advice. Here's your first correction. ANY 12 yr old who admits up front to not knowing much and asking for help is FAR FROM INEPT! Just because you don't know something doesn't mean you can't learn it. Ignorance is a curable condition if you're willing to admit it and willing to do something about it.

Thank you frosty, I will try to learn as much as possible!

10 hours ago, Lou L said:

Welcome aboard.  You would enjoy the green coal area at the Fall New England Blacksmiths meet.  It’s in Mass. at Morrell Metalsmiths this year. Start reading and collecting!

I will look for it! Thanks!