I Forge Iron

New 3 speed forge blower

Glenn

1 hour ago, lukerec said:

Speaking of the store, do you think an air mattress filler would work as a blower?

Manual, or electric?

Charles R. Stevens is a particularly strong advocate for the double-acting air mattress pump. Others here have had varying success with electric mattress blowers; check out previous threads for earlier discussions thereof.

(Oh, and it's either "expertise" or "expert information".) 

Ok Charles, you finally got me onto the hand pump. I've been toying with the idea of setting up a jabod for the fun of it. ( also for possible camping forging. :) ) just need the pump and a pipe for a camping forge. Also the pump can fill the air mattress I suppose :rolleyes: my fine lady won't even question why I brought it muahahah. 

Anyway, only $7.93 on Amazon. Sweet price for dual purpose use. 

Of course there was the time a friend forgot the inflator for their queen sized air mattress on a campout and we used the  hand crank forge blower to fill it----using a duct tape adapter, almost dead quiet, (save for the maniacal laughter), and extremely fast.