I Forge Iron

One of My Last Nevada Blades

JPH

Hello!!!

Well we have landed..we pour the footings/foundation and slab Friday on my new studio now that the trees are cleared and everything has been inspected.. so....two weeks or so after that I can get the building put up...

Here is one of the last "Nevada" blades that I finished before the "Great Shutdown of 2017"...  this one is one of my  "Hugs and Kisses" pattern welded long/bastardswords... 1070 and L-6 for the blade materials...One of my infamous one piece baskets and a nice Chevron patterned bronze wire wrapped grip... 37"  blade length with hammered in fuller too!! Turned out OK if ya ask me...

This will be posted for sale this evening along with a few high carbon steel swords that I have been holding until now for bacon and beans money as well as finishing up the studio....

JPH 

DSC04614A.jpg

DSC04606A.jpg

DSC04615A.jpg

Now that JIm is in Florida he has good use for that Gatling Gun with all them Mosquitoes. Florida is one of 2 places in the US where them critters have FAA numbers on their tail,  there and around Minnesota  

Lovely work as always Jim

Ya 'all are very funny...I hate to tell ya this but I have never ever been bit by a mosquito.. they just don't like me...something about my skin they find unsavory...I am also immune from poison ivy/oak and sumac... but one bee sting and it is the dirt nap for me unless I get my eppy in PDQ..

Moved from desert to jungle...a lot of interesting critters crawling around...they don't bother me..I don't bother them...I just hope I can keep the peafowl off  the slab until it cures enough so they don't leave tracks all over it...I already have the hex signs to put into the thresholds.. To keep out the bad ya know...

JPH

Brother Thos:

If you want some mosquitoes I can always  catch and send ya some...just let me know...  Anyways

Just been coordinating with my slave labour..we have been scheduled for a mud delivery this Friday at 1000hrs....so we pour!!  After that  we wait two weeks and we erect the building...I still have to arrange the delivery on that (pic of the footings/foundation/slab follows).,.then it is running the water and power to it..putting all the internals in and then back to Nevada to get my equipment and I am back up and running a wee bit after that...

JPH

DSC04600A.jpg

Just remember to keep your oil can handy; we don't want your joints to rust up down in the humid zone!

I talked with my daughter the Veterinarian and she said each mosquito would need a clean bill of health before being shipped what with the issues of Mosquito born diseases these days...so probably not cost effective.  I could always go hang around *the* river if  hemochromatosis was an issue; of course it's dry until irrigation season starts...