I Forge Iron

Couple more done Sunday

bubba682

22 minutes ago, Marc1 said:

I am irreparably offended ... what did you say again? :)

Anticlockwise ... what's wrong with that? Counter is something you serve coffee or drinks on. :)

I think it's just a language difference from two continents. never heard nobody say anticlockwise 'cept for you.  sorry if any of ya'll got offended. nothing against you yanks, aussies, or anybody. sorry for sidetracking your thread, bubba.

What's with all this "offense" thing?

i actually looked it up because with 4 languages roaming around in my brain at random I thought I sort of made some literal translation, but no, it's there in the dictionary and surely it says Counterclockwise (US) 

PA pa ... what is that pennsivania? That is up north right ... so north = yank, Tenesee = south ... uhuu but that was so long ago!!

What's california? North or South? Behave like the north but are in the south? mm confusing

17 minutes ago, Marc1 said:

Tenesee = south

Don't forget Texas! well, and all the others...

Littleblacksmith

17 minutes ago, Marc1 said:

PA pa ... what is that pennsivania? That is up north right ... so north = yank, Tenesee = south ... uhuu but that was so long ago!!

What's california? North or South? Behave like the north but are in the south? mm confusing

It Was a long ago and that is all but kidding around now. California? Well they are sort of their own. Lol. Great people everywhere in this world and the best congregate here on IFI so I like to say we are all different yet the same. 

5 hours ago, Marc1 said:

With the exception of Texas of course ... wait ... may be Alaska?  :D

Yes indeed, Alaska is better than twice as exceptional as Texas. Most perspicacious of you my brudder down under.

LBS, not to worry the Grammar Hammer was rattling your cage.  :lol:

Frosty The Lucky.

9 hours ago, Marc1 said:

So yes, besides the obvious here in this website, is there some rivality still going on in the Us like north south thing or only as a joke?

8 hours ago, Daswulf said:

Shouldn't be. We are all a lil different but the same. 

funny thing, but there is. I see more Confederate flags than 'merican ones in our area. some of it is just bluff, but lot's of southerners hold their heritage in high regard, and the civil war is still a sore spot for some folks i've talked to.

please note, I AM NOT a rebellious hater just cause i live in a southern state were some other folks are. I am proud to be a tennessean, but i am also a proud American. this country is on the the downslide and division won't help, only hinder. any ''north vs. good guys'';) remarks you here from me are jokes and i hope they are taken as such.

The Grammar Hammer was indeed rattling your cage, but as a committed egalitarian, he does take serious issue with people considering (or presenting) themselves superior to others on the basis of group identity, be it racial, ethnic, religious, linguistic, geographical origin, political affiliation, socioeconomic class status, or any other marker, even if only in jest. He  is critically aware of how damaging it is both to personal relationships and to society in general, and is committed to speaking against it wherever it is found, even (and especially) in his own heart.

What the Grammar Hammer does NOT have a problem with is referring to himself in the third person. 

Give us another couple hundred years to sort out things; England was foresighted to schedule their civil war(s) early!

California should be *west* taking up a good portion of the Pacific coast of the USA; but as it grew tremendously after the "western period" with folks from the east, midwest, etc and became a real mix of folks: rural farmers, Hollywood types, massive cities, military---big bases in CA.  So California is pretty much California...

Now I live far enough south that I could walk across the southern border from my house, less than 10 miles, and I actually cross the border and work in a different country than the USA.  Although we had Civil War battles in New Mexico the "feel" for the state is much more based on the Hispanic and indigenous peoples; we're more southwest than south.  BTW our southernmost state in the USA is Hawaii...

Now I was born in the south, AR, went to grade school in VA, middle school in IN  (midwest), High school in NJ, (North) College degrees in AR and OH (North) and worked in OK, AR, OH and NM  so I associate with *anyone* that swings a hammer and hits hot steel on the anvil!