I Forge Iron

Sniper Aggression and Benghazi Warfighters

Stormcrow

Some recently finished blades, all in 80CrV2 steel, with marine epoxy-impregnated paracord over neoprene handle wraps and Kydex sheaths.

This blade was commissioned by a customer that wanted a rig similar to one I built for an Army sniper, as a gift for his dad.  The blade is 12 1/2" long, with a black oxide finish.  The top edge is fully sharpened and shaves hair, and the butt of the tang is exposed to give some hammering ability.  B)

jt03_zpsi93pdvbe.jpg

The sheath got a retention strap, a couple of MOLLE locks, and some extra paracord of the same color used for the handle wrap's overlay (the underlay is olive drab, though it looks black unless you look closely).  Give you an idea how much the epoxy darkens the cord's colors.

jt04_zpsmvw7dzdc.jpg

The paracord is secured, but easily accessible.  Even if the end comes untucked, it's not going to come loose.

jt05_zpsbh9n6aiu.jpg

And a couple of 7 1/4" Benghazi Warfighters that went off to different customers, one in tan over black and the other with black over black.

bw03_zpsjwlaqbpn.jpg

bw02_zps1omrul40.jpg

Thanks, guys!  :)

Thomas - I'm glad I was able to learn bladesmithing on automobile springs, and glad I made the jump to new steel when I did.  A lot of newbies get advised to steer clear of scrap steel these days, and it's not necessarily a bad approach, but an unbroken domestic leaf spring sure is cheap learning material.  I do have to scratch my head over some of the scrap that newbies try to start with, though.

Tubalcain2 - That's pretty much the highest compliment I could ask for.  I want my blades put to work.  :)

Templehound - Thank you!  It shares some design elements with your big choppers.  Science!