I Forge Iron

San mai push dagger with cocobolo, brass, and mosaic & stainless pins.

TheoRockNazz

I've got to stop letting myself get talked into doing "fancy" projects on a budget and too short a timeframe. I end up not being able to spend the time on the knives that they deserve, and the result is a well made knife with some aesthetic issues that wouldn't be there if I hadn't been able to convince the customer to pay closer to the projects actual value. Now I'm at the point where I have to move on and hand it off to leatherworker for the sheath - the deadline has already past.
Or maybe I'm just making excuses.

20160901_100910-01.jpeg

20160901_100811-02.jpeg

20160901_100740-01.jpeg

20160901_100724-01.jpeg

Yeah, Rock... let's just go through the list off all of the mistakes that I notice on that piece...

Number 1:   Uh........ ummmm.... its just to dang pointy!  LOL

Inspiring, as always.  I know the feeling of beating yourself up over a piece, but no reason to on this one.  Beautiful, as always.

Are you slipping or did I miss it Theo? I keep looking at the file work on the back of the handle and don't see an A and only the one N or Z.

I'd say BEAUTIFUL Theo but I say it so often I'm thinking I'll just make it a page header or something for every time I look at your work ad reply. I have no idea why I'd want a push dagger but I'd love to have that one.

Flaws? and all.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 3 weeks later...

If it was perfect it wouldn't be handmade! I hope to someday be near as good as you, your work is breath taking!

Littleblacksmith