I Forge Iron

So for my blacksmith business I already thought of a name which is "Azariah Forge" Azariah meaning helped by God. The only problem is I can't think of a logo, the only thing I can think of is an anvil with a cross in the middle. Any other ideas? Thanks! 

Welcome aboard Jacbow2 glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you might be surprised how many Iforge members live within visiting distance.

How long have you been blacksmithing? Most smiths never make a successful business of the craft. It's a real tough row to hoe.

A red hot letter C split vertically on the anvil.

Frosty The Lucky.

I've been smithing for a few years now. I'm starting kinda early because I'm in a reenactment group so it's easier for me to get sales. Also through instagram and Facebook I have sold my stuff. Thanks 

Religion is one of the taboo subjects on this site but I'll just toss one thing out because it's business related--Religion in your business logo or literature will make some of us look elsewhere for products.  By having specific symbology in a logo, you might be giving the message that you have a narrow target demographic for your products which is generally not a good idea..unless you actually only want to focus on that narrow target demographic.

It's really hard for most Christians to see until you substitute with hyperbolic symbology that makes you uncomfortable or feel an outlier--hammer and sickle from the old communist flag?  Red star from the Chinese flag?  Something symbolizing Islam?  Bernie/Hillary/Trump (or whomever you dislike) for president stickers on your marketing literature? Bet you'd think twice regarding dealing with those businesses.

Symbology might mean something completely different to a customer than you see it.

Just depends on what message is most important for you to convey.  

And once again, this is just my 2 cents regarding the subject of BUSINESS, not religion.

I've made this point in the past (but not to you) but it bears repeating.  A forge is a blacksmiths tool which is something that a lot of potential customers won't understand.  An automotive repair shop shouldn't call itself "Vehicle lift" or "Spanner wrench" because people looking to get their car repaired won't necessarily relate their needs to that business's name.

Drive around and look at storefronts for any indication of what the store actually sells.  I virtually never see "Restaurant", or "Bank", or Baby Clothes" on signs anymore .  If a storefront read's "Clydes" nobody knows if they're selling clothes, meat, nails, or bentwood rockers.  Unless I've got some idea what they sell, I won't make an effort to stop by. Right now a business with "forge" in the name is more likely to be a bar or a nightclub than a blacksmiths shop.  It's important to consider that the word "forge" has different connotations to an attorney, or a police officer.  People think in modern context and make decisions quickly so it's best not to convey the wrong image.

A blacksmith shop that focuses on ornamental fixtures would be FAR better off referring to themselves as an ornamental iron shop.  Preferably without any intentional misspellings.  I passed a truck with decals across the entire side that read "Ironworx".  They obviously spent quite a bit on the graphics but I have no idea if they make beer, bicycles, nutrition supplements, or whale sound albums.  About the only thing I was sure of was that they didn't do structural iron, foundry work, or metal fabrication simply because the design was trying to imply iron-like toughness in much the same way as a heavy metal band.

Another easily overlooked element is location.  Naming your company off a local geological feature is a great way to communicate your connection to a community, or a region.  "Great Lakes Ornamental Ironwork" tells a Michigander that you're "local" and an Arizonian that they should expect to pay freight charges. Another added plus is that people will know how to pronounce your company's name. 

Everyone likes nature, so that neatly sidesteps all sorts of biases, prejudices, and nonsense that might come with naming yourself after a person, a group, a city, or a religion.