I Forge Iron

Ok, so this one is inspired from Frosty from the last elephant I made. Can't say it's exactly what he was talking about but with his story and ideas it inspired this. ( new attempt at pictures, still need a good diffused light source and a better/ bigger back drop. ) yes I have an ironing board and iron. No, I haven't used it yet. :) might turn it into art muahahaha. 

So quality of pictures aside....  

Here is a circus elephant riding a unicycle while holding an umbrella with a mouse along for the ride. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

42 minutes ago, Shamus Blargostadt said:

very nice.. can't get a feel for the scale though. Is that a coil spring from a car?

It's a stainless spring from a Minnkota electric boat motor. Friend gave it to me. It's way smaller then a car coil. I'll measure it when I get home. Thanks for the point. I should have a size reference in pictures. 

I had some pieces together for this one and thought it would be a good break from staring at a skull for the past week. :) my mind is all over the place. better hurry. Buyers are starting to find me and to be honest it's great and scary all at the same time for me. i guess it's time for that *gasp* business side of things.

Ah another fine bit of fun critter making.

Uh, J I believe the skull was whimsical, this piece is some poor innocent terrified elephant forced to ride a unicycle while protecting itself from that evil SCARY mousy!

You are aware that elephants actually ARE afraid of mice. Yes? Mythbusters isn't the only place it's been shown in the real. Imagine a 5ton animal frightened enough to run from an animal it outweighs 160,000 : 1

Funny world.

Frosty The Lucky.

I let people take away what they want from my art :) 

10 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Ah another fine bit of fun critter making.

Uh, J I believe the skull was whimsical, this piece is some poor innocent terrified elephant forced to ride a unicycle while protecting itself from that evil SCARY mousy!

You are aware that elephants actually ARE afraid of mice. Yes? Mythbusters isn't the only place it's been shown in the real. Imagine a 5ton animal frightened enough to run from an animal it outweighs 160,000 : 1

Funny world.

Frosty The Lucky.

Actually I thought that was a myth lol. Shows what I know. Seems fitting now that the elephants body is a spring and he trembles when you bump him. Must really be worried about keeping the mouse on that umbrella. :) poor stressed guy. 

The Mythbusters bit was really well done, several controls, models, stuffed mice, real mice, etc. The finale was one mouse causing a near stampede in a herd of around 6 elephants, they all scattered and took off. One was dancing around trying to get as far as it could hover from one. Makes a guy think. If you live in bear country you might want to learn the trick.

Frosty The Lucky.

Lol. I'll have to look that up. I do feel bad for any animal in captivity. But also a mouse in a stampede. 

Yeah whatever trick the mice have would be good for bears and moose. 

There are nice places in my mind. :) it's not ALL doom and gloom.    I think. 

On 3/2/2016 at 6:26 PM, Daswulf said:

Lol. I'll have to look that up. I do feel bad for any animal in captivity. But also a mouse in a stampede. 

Yeah whatever trick the mice have would be good for bears and moose. 

There are nice places in my mind. :) it's not ALL doom and gloom.    I think. 

The mouse in the stampede wasn't in much peril, the elephants were all going away and one dancing like a comedian pretending to be afraid of a mouse. If it had a chair or table to jump on it would've.

Frosty The Lucky.

48 minutes ago, scrapartoz said:

That is so Original and well made . outstanding

Thanks much Andrew. 

I'm still kicking myself a little for not giving the mouse a little umbrella. Tho I still have it. Any thoughts on that anyone?

6 hours ago, Daswulf said:

I'm still kicking myself a little for not giving the mouse a little umbrella. Tho I still have it. Any thoughts on that anyone?

I wouldn't, Das. One umbrella is enough - I think the little guy is fine as he is.

What is the trunk/head of the elephant? Looks like you've forged a piece of pipe and expanded one end?? Clever anyway.

Alright I'll let alone. :) 

Aus the head is a water jacket, and the trunk is 1 3/16" pipe that I forged down at a taper. 

true some times you just have to say enough and that it's what it needs to be. 

Thanks Bud.