I Forge Iron

Soup Can Forge

Forging Carver

The IPS sotware fairy strikes again. :angry:

Have you tried attaching as a PDF or other format? Sometimes I have to save the post exit the thread, come back in a while open the text window and hit submit if my post hasn't disappeared while I was gone. If it has disappeared I paste it and submit it.

If it still won't post I start a new thread with a similar name including a snitty bit about disappearing. I get snitty because I'm getting really REALLY tired of IPS soTware.

Frosty The Lucky.

Do you believe *someone* with unknown credentials posting a *Hey Y'all, watch this* video, or a discussion on the same topic by experienced and knowledgeable blacksmiths that you can look up their credentials, and communicate with them directly and on a personal level.

Only one will point out the dangers involved and try to keep you safe.

The choice is yours. Choose wisely.

Another place to get information on high temp refractories , and supplies is a pottery supply house. Cone 13 is 2,455°F, 2,381°F is cone 10 which is what many porcelain items are fired at. Most of my clay bodies are cone 10, with one wood fired one marked 13+. A big supplier will also carry kaowool, and various bricks for the bigger gas kilns. A potter that I know who recently closed her teaching studio had pallets of various fire bricks.