I Forge Iron

80 # anvil id

Just got home from pickin up my Bday present from Marcy, an cute little 80# anvil an eagle logo on the side, an 8 cast under the horn on the feet, logo looks like a fisher, but none that i have ever seen. couple rough edges but in pretty decent shape. What are we workin with here?

IMG_0610[1].JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

IMG_0612.JPG

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0615.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

Now that you are part of the FISHER family, if you ever want to see my Fisher & Norris Factory Museum, PM me here or at njanvilman@gmail.com.  I am only about an hour and a half ride for you, in central NJ.  Check out my FB page under the same name.  You will get a history lesson about Fisher anvils, and see more Fishers than you ever thought existed.....IMG_20150512_173001141.thumb.jpg.83106f0

Reminds me of when I was engaged and dirt poor and went to a garage sale where the fellow had a 165# Peter Wright in decent condition for $100.  My wife to be told me I'd better get it and handed me the cash.  The old retired guy asked me how I was going to get it to the car and I replied "Like this" and picked it up and carried it over and set it in.  Note I've been married for 31+ years to the same lady---be careful, anvils make for a powerful bond!

Can't wait to try it out gonna bring a new stump for her today. 

I get more of a "he" vibe off of the anvil. Like a super old, long white beard, wise man. If the anvil were a person he would be sitting on the front porch with a pipe tellin kids to get off his lawn.

I get more of a "he" vibe off of the anvil. Like a super old, long white beard, wise man. If the anvil were a person he would be sitting on the front porch with a pipe tellin kids to get off his lawn.

Yeah because no woman in her right mind would ever admit to being close to 150  or so years old... A guy on the other hand would carry that distinction with pride. :D

Honestly I get more the sit on the porch and shake his cane at them sort of vibe.

Yeah because no woman in her right mind would ever admit to being close to 150  or so years old... A guy on the other hand would carry that distinction with pride. :D

Honestly I get more the sit on the porch and shake his cane at them sort of vibe.

I think I will call him Elmer P. Fisher.  Seems like a cane shaking old man kind of name.

So I will say after forging on Sunday, (mind you this was my first time using a real anvil for entire projects) I really like the Fisher.  I definitely prefer the horn of the Fisher over our Brooks.  I am really happy I got my hands on this anvil. :D