I Forge Iron

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frosty and Mr. mac thank you for the complements!

since frosty mentioned me teaching courses, it re-sparked the idea of taking one for my self!

I was going to wait till fall to spill the beans till fall but, our family is planning to take a trip to England this winter,^_^ and I have planned to take a course from.........................................................................................................................................................................................................Alec Steele! 

You're one lucky kid Ethan! I'd LOVE to visit England. That and taking a class from Alec will be grand. I'm envious too. I wonder if I'd fit in a large suit case?

Frosty The Lucky.

​You would fit better in a suitcase after defrosting ...

Ethan  clean the mushrooming off the fuller.  For handles check the pallets you have for top tools the cotton wood will work. Then some of them might be oak or ash and you can make your handles from that for your hammers.

Abby is Deb's service dog. Her job's stability and med alert. Abby is the best darned 4x4 studded cane you've ever seen. And she alerts Deb when her alarm signals it's time for a pill or just lets her know if she needs one. Abby's also a certified therapy dog, she makes people feel better. Watching her fix people who're in pain, sick, scared, lonely, etc. is amazing. Abby's drawn to people who need her and she just has to stand by them, rest her head on their leg or lean on a leg. You can see the pain, fear, whatever bad drawn out. It's like an angel touching the needy.

The story of how Abby brought me back from wherever my damaged brain was hiding should be in the Prayer sub section.

This is Abby making me better after the accident. Deb discovered she was a born therapy dog and the neurosurgeon wrote an order Abby was to be allowed to be with me everywhere but surgery. It wasn't 2 days and requests were coming in from all over the hospital for a visit. Deb trained her so she'd pass the certification tests for a Delta Society Therapy Dog. She has photo ID and is welcome in every darned: hospital, nursing home, hospice, etc. that's heard of her. The other pic is just Abby's smiling face.

Frosty The VERY Lucky.

Abby_working_in_hospital.thumb.jpg.96ee0

Abby_head_shot1.thumb.JPG.b5a7d8d4da6f09

The story Deb told about my accident is in the IFI prayers section. I can't read her posts, the pain, fear and anguish are too much for me to take. Prayers from the IFI gang and their unending support of Deb are huge factors in my survival and her sanity.

I can't tell you the story, only bits about it I've heard from Deb and others.

I pity folk who don't share their life with a dog.

Frosty The Lucky.

Well sir, i'm glad your still here. I have no doubt that your love for that woman had a little to do with you clawing back to the light.

sorry for hijacking your thread, Ethan.

i assume you are asking after a bottom fuller? Many ways to skin that cat, with the skills you have demonstrated, i would suggest upseting a 1" square stock about 3 or 4" down, then split to yhr upset, fold out the peices and rough forge, grind out the cold shunt (thats why the extra meat from the upset) then finish to mach the top fuller. welding woks just as well. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ethans back!

This will be my 100th post on the best blacksmith forum in the world so I wanted to wait till I had something good put up.

I made a kind of top hot cut. my look ugly but it works good and it will help to make another one some day. I have some more things waiting to be photographed so stay tuned!

IMG_4291.JPG

IMG_4292.JPG