I Forge Iron

Locked out

Guys: I've had nothing but troubles with IFI for more than a  month now and starting a new topic is the only way I've figured out how to post here. If you can't get a reply out of me on IFI please ask Teenylittlemetalguy or Frozenforge to contact me so we can get together.

I've been trying to get a response or something from of Admin but outside of one chatty phone call and an unsigned joke sent to Deb I haven't gotten anything. ZIP.

Jim's CC list works, just remember to click "Reply All".

Frosty The . . . Not going to say it on a family forum.

Frosty the email sent to you about the site was also sent to Deb as a back up. You enjoy puns so the "joke" or pun was also sent. I have called several times from the lower 49 to Alaska to try to keep you informed as to what was going on with the site, and to keep in touch during your dry spell. I will again turn this in as a report to the other admins so they are aware of your situation. Thanks for the note.  Response time on your posting was 2 hours.

Edited by Glenn

I totally understand Frostys frustration, just in trying to reply here I hit Reply and then waited.....and waited....and waited.....and waited for the reply box to let me start typing.  Half the time I go to reply and when I click into the reply box I get kicked to some thread I wasn't even looking at!   It's a frustration and I understand Frostys pain, specially since I work with computers and troubleshooting problems as my real job.  Didn't have near the problems before the big update, also a familiar issue for us computer geeks, sometimes updates aren't vetted enough and end up creating whole bundles of new problems.  

Anyway, so like Frosty I'm often looking/lurking more than posting anymore.  Whatever's going on its definitely not just Frosty.

Frosty, have you thought about befriending some traveling minstrels? You know that's how the blacksmiths of old communicated?:P

Just kidding, I feel for you guys, I had a similar problem for a couple of weeks! I had to log in via Facebook, set up a new profile(that's not allowed I know, but what can you do) as Ian mills and continue that way. Fortunately the problem got fixed(thanks to that person/s ) and I'm "Back" as it were. I hope that your issues are resolved soon and that you persevere, you would be greatly missed should you stray(to another site) :rolleyes:

Ian

Like SpankySmith says I have similar jumping away from the thread problems when I try to reply from my mum's iPad. The MacBook laptop does not seem quite so flaky as far as the text goes but they are both weird when it comes to images. I have not had many straightforward first time successful image uploads since the update….

I do like the drag and drop and the wider range of image file types though, terrific when it works.

Alan

Hi Frosty. 

I am new here and in Eagle River, AK. I have been getting lots of info and suggestions for the other folks, and I am looking forward to meeting the locals when there is another opportunity, or trying to create an opportunity myself.  :-)

Best Wishes and be "lucky"

Thanks guys. I'm afraid my last post to the Admin here was my frustration venting. It didn't occur to me my PMs weren't getting through either. My detailed reports to Admin weren't getting to them so there wasn't anything for them to comment on. My bad. <sigh>

Glenn and the guys are working their butts off debugging the new platform and I'm afraid my problems were conflicts between the new platform and MY computer on several software levels. I took it to Average Joe and he got it cleaned up and working.

So, I'm back in the loop!! Woopieeeee!

Steve: Good to finally be able to say HI. Hi Steve, welcome aboard. If you'd like to heat some steal and beat it to submission give me a shout, I'm about 35 mins. from Eagle River depending on traffic. I don't have to tell you about rush hour on the Glenn do I? For the rest of the forum that's the "Glenn Highway," not Glenn the forum owner.

I'll give you directions, we're not too hard to find but GPS nav devices will send you to somewhere a long way from here. The Borough gave us an erroneous physical address and say they CAN'T correct it. Anywho give me a shout I'm retired, I have the time.

Frosty The Lucky.