I Forge Iron

Withdrawals...

Definitely noticed how addicted I've become to IFI and the chat and forums when it was down for a few hours today... Felt very similar to the refreshing of the powerball site last night to see if I was lucky. Anyone else have these issues?

My apologies gang, I think it's probably my fault IFI was down. Glenn is setting up a sub section to allow the Alaska club to discuss the swage block project kinda sorta privately. We have the expertise available to do the casting but need to decide what dies to incorporate. We don't really want a whole slew of suggestions from all over the world. No offense intended but it's hard enough to get some of our members to respond to an E-mail let alone participate with a large group of strangers. Folk who live in remote locations don't do it because they like crowds.

Anyway, the idea Glenn is putting up is a sub forum open to anyone who wants to read it but posting will be restricted. Well, last night Glenn and I were talking details on the phone and he was going to make a change we'd hashed out. Boingo that's it, bye bye IFI. The site Crashed literally within a couple minutes after we hung up. I was looking at what we were talking about and when I hit refresh got an error message instead. <sigh>

I'm really glad Glenn and the IFI admin gang are so good at fixing the site when it crashes, hackers try to take over, etc. What a bunch of hard working guys for being volunteers.

Thanks guys you ROCK.

Frosty The Lucky.

For admin rights, she might just trade him!

Frosty, I won't complain too much, you and Steve have been great mentors on the site and I hope to someday actually meet y'all. Anything inconvenience we might experience will surely be worth it for the ability to conduct business privately.

Hmmm... wonder what I could trade for him. Lol. Of course if I did take him, you'd have sole access to the anvil Marcy!

He may cook but you'd have to pay his feed Du7ch. Hmmmmm? Still, a strong and willing hand is a good thing.

Be careful what you wish for Du7ch, I have in laws in San Antonio so who knows we might cross trails one of these days. I'm always willing to impose my charming bull shooting self on folk.

Frosty The Lucky.

He may cook but you'd have to pay his feed Du7ch. Hmmmmm? Still, a strong and willing hand is a good thing.

Be careful what you wish for Du7ch, I have in laws in San Antonio so who knows we might cross trails one of these days. I'm always willing to impose my charming bull shooting self on folk.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, I believe you also have family in southern Idaho (a sister?) And I'm originally from that area and visit a couple times a year.

I will be auctioning off my self to the highest Bidder, will cook clean, and maintain property, just need forge time, and 3 meals a day (you might be losing right there though, i do love to eat!)

I'm army, so I know how to feeda large group!

You can't auction yourself off. But Nick only needs 2 meals a day and nightly chocolate milk and dessert. One meal for him is enough to feed a family of 4 so keep that in mind. Du7ch what are you willing to part with for Nick?

Unrestricted use of the anvil currently residing at your house.

Frosty; you'd be welcome to look me up ifn you get down this way; of course I'd probably be out of the country, or at the "other" house no matter which one you stopped by....

My wife just had an estimate on getting the house re-roofed says she wants the house roof to match the shop...(which was done with damaged and overage from the local public schools...)  Gotta get it fixed before the next monsoon season!