I Forge Iron

2 new damascus hunters

Very nice knives. I like my cutting edge back closer to my hand, I think this gives me better control and more leverage. Just my thought, but I really like these knives.

MM,

That's a good observation which I'll rectify on future blades. I always leave some extra space when doing the initial grind so I have a little margin for error at the ricasso.

Thanks for the input.

John

Hey All,

One of these blades was sold on Sat. Don't know which one as the knife shop is closed till Wed. I'm stoked as it was only there for a few days. I haven't really pursued advertising per se and just have some blades in the shop across the street, as well as my shop. I'd like to get more involved in advertising, both on the web and in the local news rags. Anyone have experience in this world? Thanks for the input.

John

Etsy seems to be a growing resource for knife makers these days, but there's a LOT of knives on there. Some of the mass produced, factory made damascus made in the middle east floods the market on there, but I think there's still a place for the good stuff on Etsy. It's also not a bad idea, in my opinion, to get involved on social media sites if you haven't already. Google+ is growing and there's a lot of communities on there for knife lovers. Also, facebook is a great resource anymore. That's the easiest to network on. A lot of blogging sites will give you click through traffic, as well. 

I'm no expert, but I work in marketing and see how some of this works. Best of luck! 

Benton 

Beware of some of the Knife traders and swapping goups.   A lot of scamers out there.  One guy was selling $40 damascus knife from Russia, 400 foldas, blah blah... those of us that tagged him for thoses fraud posts were banned by the group admins for reporting the scam, seems the admins at that site were part of the scams.  Buyer beware.  which makes it hard for honest people to sell.