I Forge Iron

It's been a big day!

After a 5 hour round trip I found myself pulling this out of the truck. What we are looking at is my new 110-120 pound PW. It's in really good condition with clean edges except for one small spot. Paid $425 for it which is about $3.50 a pound, a little high but not too crazy. I also got a 4" post vice in perfect shape and a Lancaster No. 40. To say the least it's been a big day for my little forge!

post-45226-0-09219900-1398995269_thumb.j

Good find, Seth.  I think you paid a fair price for a good quality anvil that will serve you well for decades.  Nicely rounded edges are a dream to work with, and that bit of sway will be great when you need to straighten a piece.  Overall, a definite win.

• 2 weeks later...

Seth miracle

Posted Yesterday, 09:36 PM

Well this anvil rocks! All except for the build in metal stand it must have been made for a 5 foot tall blacksmith. I have my uncle getting a tree stump and I can't wait!

I'm sure it could be cut down. The Elves or Hobbits might be able to help. Or maybe your King Under The Mountain.  Your pic does kinda look like you could be Dwalin's great great great (etc.) grandson.  ;)

(Sorry, I just have a weird sense of humor)

Edited by LastRonin

LastRonin: what's sad is I understood everything lol I'm a huge Tolkien fan

Swedefiddle: I'm working on a concrete slab so the anvil has to go up cause if I go down the wife will beat me to death with my own hammer! lol

I reminded my uncle and he had forgotten about it, he's on task now though.

I'm sure it could be cut down. The Elves or Hobbits might be able to help. Or maybe your King Under The Mountain.  Your pic does kinda look like you could be Dwalin's great great great (etc.) grandson.  ;)

(Sorry, I just have a weird sense of humor)

nothing wrong with a smith being as tall as 5 foot

Oh good.....so i'm not the only one who goes crazy when they talk about forging the rings in the movie, but they're clearly being cast......

I've seen those movies too many times to count and I never noticed that till now! I guess I am always to excited to get my nerd on.
And iron dwarf the only thing wrong with a 5 foot smith is his anvil is too short for me to use, but I could strike for him all day at that hight.