I Forge Iron

Cost of Propane

coldironkilz

Propane prices have doubled, even tripled in some areas.  Your price seems extraordinarily high, but then the propane folks probably are charging more for small fillups.  Prices I have seen have ranged from around $3 to as high as $5.50 per gal.  Also, if Washington is not near a hub for propane distribution, you will pay more.  Arkansas and Missouri have initiated emergency provisions to hopefully prevent price gouging in extreme weather situations...(good luck on THAT!!)

Did anyone else recently see their propane bill go up. I filled a small tank today (the tank I carry in my work truck). The new price today $6.57 per gallon.

Yes sir. It went up here in Pennsylvania too. What was costing me about $12 to fill is now over $18. An overnight increase of 50%.

BTW I get mine at Tractor Supply which is lowest priced around. I'm sure anybody else would be more.

It is a big fat lie that there is a shortage. If that were the case we would see distributors without gas. Is gouging plain and simple.

George

One must realize that in the SSW half of AZ the number of degree days are low and natural gas distribution is good, and all electric homes are common so the competition keeps the price reasonable the price hike is usually in the spring and fall for grilling season.
Europe has been paying twice what we do for fuel for as long as I can remember, I remember gas at .75 marks per litter in Germany as of 1985, and the exchange rate was 2/1, so $5 a gallon. Mogas theft was a big problem on post (died gasoline)
I use propane on the shoeing truck, but I use charcoal, wood or coal at home.
Like many others I have more than one forge and use what is most efficient/convenient for the job. Tho in winter I like wood and charcoal just because of the heat it radiates and the cleaner fire.

Posted · Hidden February 18, 2014 - dig about education in Alabama
Hidden February 18, 2014 - dig about education in Alabama

Yep, propane went up.  Almost doubled.  I had been warning folks.  It's too late now. :(  We are in a "shortage" due to the cold winter caused by global warming which happened because the light of Venus reflected off the moon while swamp gas was floating..... B)

Too bad they don't have schools in Alabama. 

Posted · Hidden by Glenn, February 18, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Glenn, February 18, 2014 - No reason given

Yep, propane went up.  Almost doubled.  I had been warning folks.  It's too late now. :(  We are in a "shortage" due to the cold winter caused by global warming which happened because the light of Venus reflected off the moon while swamp gas was floating..... B)

Too bad there are no schools in Alabama.