I Forge Iron

Prayers are much needed

Jerry W.

Early yesterday morning, our son Matthew was killed in a fire in his home.  We could sure use your prayers as we work through this.  We did manage to get through yesterday and, now there is today. 

If you do not have smoke detectors in your home, get them.  If you do have them in your home and haven't changed the batteries in awhile now is a good time.  Test them and make sure that they are operating properly.

Your prayers are greatly appreciated,

Jerry

Jerry,

I am sorry for your loss, normally I also live in Florida but these prayers come from Djibouti Africa.  We don't always know Gods plan but we have to trust that he has one.  Your warning for us to check our own smoke detectors shows your heart.  To think of others at a time like this.  Your son was a lucky man and I'm sure that his life blessed many.  May God ease your pain.

Jerry, Having lost a son, I can tell you to just take it a little at a time. I know the weight on your heart is beyond bearable, but we somehow do. I found that taking care of my remaining family, giving them free reign to grieve while I kept everything still functioning, getting food on the table, running errors etc gave me a task that actually helped a little. Still does a year later.

God Bless

The services were today, a really rough day.  The City of San Antonio Fire Department went all out for our son and gave him a Hero sendoff.  It was much more than we ever expected.  Family, friends and community all came together at our time of need.  It is the love, prayers, and support along with the Grace of God that will get us through this.  Thank you all for your prayers.  Jerry & Marsha

We are sorry for your loss, we have you and your family in our prayers.  God bless and keep you all. 

Eternal rest grant unto him O'Lord and let perpetual light shine upon him may he rest in peace  Amen.

Woody & Jackie