I Forge Iron

thanks to all the vets

matto

Thank you to all my fellow brothers and sisters who have served, to my son who served on the ground in Iraq and Kuwait and to all those family members that had to carry on while their loved ones were away or gave the ultimate sacrifice so that we may be free.. God bless you all.

Mark Rossnagel USCG 1976-1997

Thank You To anyone who ever took the Oath to defend our country!

The words “Thank You” has never satisfied the very deep heartfelt expression of Gratitude that I have for “ALL” of our Armed Services Veterans.
Many times I have heard people say that they were “ONLY” a Cook or a Mechanic or that they were never involved in combat, implying what they did was not important.
That would be so incorrect for them to think that they were not as important as anyone who ever took the oath to defend our country.

When YOU signed that paper and took the Oath, YOU also signed a blank check allowing the Government to place you anywhere in harm’s way and at any time.

I know of an Army Ranger Group who would always give a moment of silence for our brothers in arms (they meant everyone).
They knew that they could not do what they were expected to do without each and every other service person doing their job properly.

That would include the Truck Driver, the people who provided Supply, the Cooks, the Mailmen, the Clerks, and the Medics. That list could go on and on to include each and every supportive position in the USA Armed Forces.
The PRICE! "Freedom is not FREE"
I am constantly aware of my son who has had to endure the painful results of his service given to our country. Many of our service people suffer every day for every Free American because of their unselfish service given to our country. .
I am also painfully aware of many of my friends who gave it all. I am also very conscious and concerned about others who survived but suffer not only physically, but mentally.
Their families also experience the pain they suffer along with them.
This process is active and does not take a rest. The effect is most likely a long term issue that is with them minute by minute, every day and night, so people like me and you could feel secure.

This understanding for me does not just fade in and out to remember and celebrate the sacrifice they continue to give just one day a year.

If you see an opportunity to assist an Armed Service person in some way to make their life a little easier, PLEASE “DO IT”

I feel very strong about what I say in this note, but very inadequate in my ability to do more than I am able or should do to give support to our service people.
Please try to make a difference!

“God Bless America”
Ted Throckmorton

Thank you to all my Brothers and Sisters in Arms.

It has been an honor, not always a pleasure, but always an honor to serve.

Jeff Reinhardt
USA 1974-1977
KYArNG 1977-1979
KyUSAGNG 1983-1985
USAR 1985-1987

Bless all our Veterans!
I'd like to share an exerpt from my Fathers diary while he was stationed in N Africa during WW2. He flew 140 combat missions in Spitfires during ww2 and here is one.........

Alert in the afternoon. Scramble about 6 P.M. Confer and I shared 1 ME 109 recco destroyed. I saw him first about 7 o’clock low. We were at 30,000’ He was about 28,000’ in my first pass my hands were so xxxx frozen I couldn't fire until I was a dangerously close range so I overshot. Got buck fever. Confer made a pass and did about the same thing. I settled down on the next pass and fired a long burst of cannon and machine gun from 250 yards till I almost hit him. I saw big yellow bursts on his wing close to the fuselage and a cloud of dense black smoke. I thought I had him so I pulled away to watch. Then the E/A dove straight down from 28,000’ with Confer on his tail I caught both of them about the time he jettisoned his canopy and saw Confer shoot and pieces flew off the bugger. So I came up and gave the E/A another shot for good measure. Couldn't see a xxxx thing my windshield was so clouded up. (Did not open ventilator). It’s a wonder I didn't hit him. He got down near the water with Confer still tailing him. Then he made a quick turn to the right to avoid his fire so I got a nice 45’ deflection shot at him and pulled up along side of him in time to see him wave at me before (He sank in about 2 sec after hitting water was dragged under) he landed in the water. The 109 sank and he got out and opened his dingy. We radioed his position to the controller. He should be picked up tonight or tomorrow. We landed at airfield at tip of Cap-Bon, as our gas was low. Beat up drome when we got home. Celebrated with my cherished bottle of scotch. As it should be.

Thanks to all who currently serve and those in the past. My father and father-in-law both server in WWII and my father-in-law in Korea. Both are now departed from this realm but not forgotten, thanks to their service we don't need to speak German or Japanese.
Jerry, USS Horne DLG-30