I Forge Iron

Funny looks at the metal store

I know a guy who has a PVC tube strapped to the lower side of a Gold Wing motorcyle to carry a Brown Bess musket to reenactments. I'll have to suggest the fins and nose cone to him.

I'd say that Alaskans are more ammused than shaken up. Imagine driving that rig through California.

Ahh slap a few radiation trefoils on it and you could get a free trip to Cuba in no time!

(decades ago there was an incident where someone was tailgating my van as I was hauling my falconette home from an event. They did back off when the rear doors flew open and there was a cannon pointing at them with a lit fuse in the touch hole---ahh to be young and stupid again!)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the laugh! As soon as I opened your pic I actually did laugh out loud. Over the top. Ingenious. Logical. I forgot how funny and creative you folks can be.

I've never explored this section of the forum before. I usually lurk in the Bladesmithing section. Very interesting topics here!

Robert

• 2 weeks later...

Is road rage even an issue up there? I wasn't old enough to drive when I lived in Alaska, but as a passenger, I never saw an angry, aggressive driver. People were pretty laid back.

Robert

Not so much aggressive as stupid. Some of the guys that commute in from the valley tend to drive way too fast for conditions. literally 80 and 90 mph on solid packed ice and snow.