I Forge Iron

Banana Stand

Frosty

Thanks for the feedback.

The Other Half says that I need to eat more bananas but they are not my favorite.

LeeRoy

You're not putting enough chocolate or peanut butter on em! There's also bread, hotcakes, muffins, etc. or a nice thick milkshake.

Bananas Goooooooood! Oh yeah that's right, it'd be far easier to list the foods I DON'T like, both of em.

That's a bummer Mark, buy more or maybe buy a tree?

Frosty the Lucky.

Frosty,
the big problem here in the desert is the heat. I have had green bananas go over ripe in what seemed like just a couple of days. I have a bunch of them in the freezer, and when I get my 12qt Hobart back from my neighbor I will be doing a banana bread bake-a-rama. I have even tried storing them in the basement, but they still get ripe really fast.

For my banana bread I use the basic recipe from Better Homes and Gardens then add cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and have also tried cardamom, and black pepper(which actually works good). German Pfeffernusse cookies have black pepper in them-one of my faves. I have had great reviews of this non-standard banana bread. I don't measure the spices, just toss enough of each into get it a darker colored dough. Probably in the realm of the amount of cinnamon used(but not more than) for each spice. Play with it till you like how it tastes.

We went from 100's to 70's-80's with rain really fast this year. Just had a huge electrical storm this week-cool stuff to watch. I came home to lightning, and woke up to lightning the next morning. I hate the rain, but we do need it. Lake Mead is down 130', the lowest since 1937.

I may have to try one of those banana racks myself.

Aquamanlr, haven't forgot ya, just haven't had the scheduling right to run past your place in Las Vegas.

You know of course that a great was to stop bananas from getting overripe is to get a teenage boy in the house, my wife buys them green and if they are too green to eat our son and his mates just make smoothies with them. The stands do look nice though.
Ian

tireif

That is a great looking stand, I like to see other peoples items.

BIGGUNDOCTOR

Yes, I know what it is like, we will get togeather one of these days.
I recieved about 1/2" of rain at my place, the firts time the ground has been wet in better than a year.

I like banana bread, anybody can send me some if they like!!!

Thanks for the feedback.

LeeRoy

We have had the opposite problem in South Dakota. During a typical summer we may get a couple hundredths of an inch during a rain fall, or even an inch if it is particularly heavy, but this year it seems that every time it rained it was 2 to 6 inches at a shot....quite a few roads washed out and houses with flood damage....the good thing is the water tables are full again as are the ponds, lakes and rivers....just hope we don't get a ton of snow or we will be flooded again come spring.

Okay here's a quiz for all of you bananaboys... What is THE best selling item at Wal-Mart stores? AAhhh you guys guessed it... a banana!!! They sell more of them than any other item in their stores worldwide. How does a banana hook help to keep your bananas fresh? Answer: It allows better air circulation. Ripening bananas give off phosgene gas which helps them to ripen faster... So if they are too green, keeping them in a paper bag will help them to ripen quicker. If they are ready to eat, dissipating the gases will help slow their ripening and keep them good longer. They treat them with gas after they reach their market areas to ripen them. They are shipped dead green. The bananas we eat today are NOT the same as the ones that the older ones of us remember from the fifties (and they are not as good) those bananas developed a disease that wiped out the whole variety and these were the best that they could come up with to replace them.

Nice job

I never knew the proper name. I would do shows and ladies would ask if I made banana trees. I would say no. I make all kinds of leaves acorns and stuff. I'd seen banana trees in peoples yards . Never thought they were that attractive. I finally asked what they ment . duh. I make them now.

I also make a cookbook or plate stand. Ladies at shows would tilt them forward and look at the back leg. I thought. I asked what they were looking at. They were checking out my wifes old cookbook I used for display. They were collectors.

Marc
not sure Im smart enough for this.
12 years ago my motherinlaw explained what a sheppard hook was to me.